Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Always refer back to the catalog for information - it should be the accurate information to provide to students. Marketing should be focused on accurate and consistent information. 

I learnt that it is very important for institutions to present realistic references regarding their facilities, equipment, and services available to students to reduces risk of a student alleging misrepresentation by the school. I also learnt that it is very important for schools to avoid saying negative comments against their competitors or other schools.

Just be honest and tell people the truth.

I appreciated how this module emphasized the importance of clear, unambiguous communication in all of our school literature and documents. The rules for catalogs in particular are very clearly defined and add to my understanding of all the possible issues surrounding a prospective student's decision whether or not to choose our school. This gave me some new knowledge of the depth of consideration students must give to the decision of whether to pursue education at our institution. 

Prospective students come from a variety of backgrounds and it is good to get an idea of how to handle certain, specific situations.

The "Will I get a job" question is the one most often heard from new students. We need to have accurate data and a place to point them to so that they can see what past experiences have been. I do like to ask former students to do a presentation and tell of their experience in the school, how they approached the courses, and what most helped them to get a job after graduation.

It's nice to know the benifits that are in place for military vets! 

Coming from a position in which I was required to maintain our school's catalog and handbook, I was familiar with a lot of the regulations. Since I am moving states it was good to learn the differences and what I must be aware of moving forward.
It's important to know the state regulations for the state in which we work in order to assist in maintaining compliance for our organization. 

It is important to be transparent and honest in all advertising and social media.  Catalogs must be provided to all enrolled students and contain each requirement from your licensing state. 

In the advertising and marketing of our programs to our consumers (students), we must continue to abide by the regulations imposed by each state in which we service and support students. Information given to the students should be accurate and precise so to not illegitimately gain the trust and business (enrollment) of the student. Just as in any field of work, there are requirements and metrics we have to meet to be successful and ultimately remain employed, with this standard or goal one can feel pressure to perform but should still uphold the standards of ethics and credibility.

This part of the training provides me a general review about the regulations that a school must respect such as accreditaton and licensing requirements that are important to be in compliance.  

As hard as it may be, schools should avoid "bashing" their competitors in order to convince a prospective student that they have the better program, or better campus. Rather, they should highlight all the positive aspects of their institution and let the school sell itself. 

Comment on Divine Smith's post: This is so important to know. 

I learned the importance to adhering to state regulations and how these varies by location. As well as the integrity of marketing. 

Informative information regarding schools must ensure that all extended communications channels are consistent and accurate at all times.

Very interesting read and I am completely confidant that with all that I have learned in this section there is so much more to digested. State regulations and military benefits was a very informative read. 

My biggest takeaway for this section is know before you speak. There are a lot of intricate details to the rules and regulations of a college. 

I love how it breaks down each state's laws and rules and regulations. 

I knew there were specific requirements when working with military students. I currently don't have much experience with military, but it is good to have this information so that we maintain compliance. Very helpful.

Knowing the importance of the State and Federal laws is very important.

Sign In to comment