Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Tisbany,

The course was designed to help others think about their schools mission and purpose. An important element of learning is to continue seeking knowledge by reviewing your own schools mission, policies and procedures.

Cindy Bryant

It is imporatant and valuable as an employee to know and remember the mission statement

our mission focuese on the students and helping them prepare for the future

My company’s mission and value is important because the main principle is to focus on those who come to us and rely on us for their success, and to achieve their goals.

The company's mission and value premise are important in that I have an opportunity to have a positive effect on students' lives without betraying my own values and standards. If students embark upon their educations (post-secondary) being fully informed as to what they can expect to get out of those educations and what their responsibilities will be, I won't ever have to 'trick' someone into enrolling. This makes our college a place where I can earn a living and live with myself at the same time.

desiree,

Welcome the forum. What would you say is the single most important way that you support your school's mission?

Cindy Bryant

Edward,

Your statement led me to another topic :) What is more important job security or job satisfaction? Assuming it is satisfaction, what gives you the most satisfaction?

Cindy Bryant

It is important to me because our mission statement defines our purpose to employees and students.

Our mission statement shows our focus is on people who want to better themselves and make a better life for themselves by obtain college degree. It just makes me feel good that I work for a company in which help people and obtain this goal by doing things the right way.

The mission is the total vision of the institution - why the institution exists and what the students should receive by going to that institution.

Our Mission Statement is important to me. Our mission is to provide excellent career training. I believe getting an education changes lives. Helping our students get a career won't solve all their problems; however, it may provide more financial security.

It gives a claer understanding for both parties when enrolling in an institute, makes things a lot easier.

A Mission Statement gives the employee a guide and direction to handle the day to day activities. It provide a base of teamwork, we can work toward the same goals and vision that is stated in the mission statement.

Debbie,

Any schools mission lays a foundation of beliefs. These beliefs set the value premise for the student and guide the institution. Usually if an associate follows the mission they will remain in compliance at all times.

Cindy Bryant

I believe in providing all our students a full understanding not only of our school, but also their complete situation. I am able to give them the ability with this knowledge so that they may make the right decision for their future.

It is a guide for employees on how to handle activities. It provides a foundation for teamwork.

Our Mission Statement is important to me because it shows our university is dedicated to providing formal academic training. It is important for the employees to know why we do what we do everyday, and that is to prepare tomorrow's leaders.

Josh,
A company's mission statement is a constant reminder to its employees of why the company exists and what the founders envisioned when they put their fame and fortune at risk to breathe life into their dreams. A company that loses sight of its Mission Statement could be taking the first step on the slippery slope to failure.

Cindy Bryant

Our Mission and Values are posted in every classroom, office, in our ads and on our business cards. It acts as our guide for doing the right thing in all things - from Executive staff to students.
I feel there are several reasons this is important. For one, we are in an industry in which our direct customer – the student – is also our product. Our product is not only the education and service the student receives, but the student/graduate themselves and what or how they are perceived by employers, other institutions at which our students seek continuing education, and the community at large.
The mission and values are also a contract. We should act and abide by our own missions and vision and lead by example. As we exhibit the proper behaviors – so will our students. We get 15 to 18 months to instill a sense of value and pride – morals and ethics – standards of excellence so to speak. The ideal hope is that these behavioral traits and attitudes could become habits that our students learn or build and take on to their future employers.

My company's mission is important because I think it lays the groundwork for what we stand for. It reminds me why I chose to work here and why student's choose to attend. It really helps communicate why we do what we do. Everyone that enters our school is treated like family, and I think that is what our mission exemplifies the most.

Sign In to comment