Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

It allows for a basic set of over-riding principles to help make decisions.

It empowers employees.

It gives a clear understanding of what of what is expected from the employees all the way to our students. It helps build long lasting relationships with students to better assist them in reaching their goals.

Mission and value of my company align with my personal value. If my values are not aligned with the values of my company, the integrity of the company and myself would be in question.

It is important to me that I understand my University's mission and value premise because in doing so, my students will experience positive outcomes. My decisions will benefit the student as our mission defines the goals needed for commitment on my part and foster student commitment.

My company's mission and value premise is important because it helps guide our everyday decisions. When in doubt about a certain situation, it is helpful to reread and reflect what the purpose of the mission is, in order to better serve not only our customers (students) but also our vendors and fellow coworkers.

My company's mission and value premise is important because it shows that our college is trustworthy and has integrity.

Sandra,

This is an interesting comment about the mission statement helping to set boundaries. I actually never thought of it that way, however, it makes perfect sense. The mission truly is a guiding factor. Thanks!

Jay Hollowell

The mission of our institution is important to me because it gives me direction and support to my work. When I started working was the first point discussed by human resources director.
She explained that the mission was part of everyday life. It is true, in our institution's mission is alive.

Yes, mission and vision have to go hand in hand.

Yes, students should know the mission of the institution. One way is to be published in the bulletin boards.

Without a mission statement there would not be a clear and precise indication of what our "Institution" is recognized for.

It sets a standard by which employees are able to work by, it gives understanding to those looking seek the service of that company and finally it allow me to weigh my own values and ethics against my company and make sure they add up.

Very well said, Linda and Jennifer! The mission and value premise allows each employee to act with integrity individually which provides cohesion among the organization. This solidifies the students’ confidence because all departments act according to the mission which allows them to do the right thing for every student, every time.

Loida,

Thanks for reaffirming that the mission is a living document that reflects the foundational purpose of the institution!

Jay Hollowell

Definitely agree. It withholds a competence and truly represents the image of an institution.

Easy to comprehend, should also be highlighted as there is no room for misinterpretation. When employed and making a decision, we are representing the institution and should reference the mission to better make a decision.

Well stated, Linda. I believe the mission statement should be brief and specific, allowing the prospective student a sense of security and excitement.

I feel like mission statements are guidelines on how to represent your school. I want to make sure that everything I do correlates with our mission statement.

My company's mission is important to me because it provides prospective students and employees a clear understanding of what exactly they do. It should show the prospective student how committed the school is to doing the right thing. The value premise allows the school to show the benefits to be gained from attending school at their institution. This will allow the school to gain trust from the student.

It sets the goals and principals for all to follow. All Departments working for what is the best for the student.

Sign In to comment