Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

My company's mission is very important because it provides prospective students and employees a clear understanding of how everyone is treated with respect and honesty.Value premise also provides a clear statement on what the company values.

It's really important because it allows us to know our boundaries.

A mission statement gives us a standard to live by. It sets the course for how we treat our students. Our mission statement is known by all employees. It contains three values that we strive to live by.

The mission statement should speak to the why. Why should I attend your school and what makes you different than any other school.

Brenda,

Thanks Brenda, we have actually encouraged individual campus departments to craft their own mission statements in concert with, and support of, the institution's corporate mission statement - sort of each areas contribution to the whole. I am curious as to what course participants think about this approach?

Jay Hollowell

Aaron,

Thanks, particularly your reference to it being a standard. In fact, the mission statement is very much a baseline of operations and, more importantly, purpose.

Jay Hollowell

the mission statement is important and lets me know if the values of the company are in line with my values. I would not want to work for a company who's values I don't believe in or one that does not follow it's values

Sets the tone.

Mission statements sets the tone. It's all about what the company and their employees stand behind.

To me our schools mission statement is what and how we are to conduct our selves with our fellow co-workers and all or our students.

A missions statement is vital to the success of a company because employees need to have a vision and also know the direction that the company is headed in. It can also assist in companies staying on track of itself.

My companies mission statement is important to be because it serves as a guideline for me. Our mission statement serves as a reminder of the importance of my job and the impact I have on a potential persons life. Our mission statement is displayed throughout the college as a reminder of what our job is.

Great answer your answer is exactly what i was trying to say in much fewer words :)

A Mission Statement is important because it sets the tone for who we are as an organization.

It defines who we are and what we are here to do. It sets forth the expectations of the college for students and employees.

It gives me a framework from which to base all of my interactions with students, faculty, and administration.

This mission statement of NC is important to me because it clearly defines the personal and professional obligation I have to the student. It also provides guidance as to the nature of service and support we should always provide to our community and country.

They provide the platform from which to make decisions and guide decisions. They standardize the foundation for all.

The mission and values are a road map to guide us to our destination which is successfully leading our students to meet learning outcomes, graduate, and become valuable employees.

A mission statement and value premise are important to me because they work together to guide both students and staff towards the same goal. A mission statement is like a contract with our students. Our mission statement clearly defines what our students can expect us to deliver. We promise to “encourage, prepare, and empower our diverse student body to pursue their professional and educational goals.” Our mission statement is posted throughout our building to remind both students and staff that we are all working towards successfully graduating our students.

Sign In to comment