Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Well it is important to me because it help guide me in the right direction. When I get stumped by a student’s question I can refer back the mission statement. Also it makes me feel good and why I go to work every day

Choosing a postsecondary institution is a major decision for students and their families. Along with academic, financial and geographic considerations. It is our mission statement that informs students of who we are and it informs us who we should be. Our mission is integrity not just with our perspective and current students but with each other.

Nightingale College's Values and Mission are important to me because they show that we really are student centric. We want to see our students succeed and we want to see them grow and develop to be more like Florence Nightingale. We are there for our students through every step of the program and we never leave them to fend for themselves. Our students always know they can count on us for help with any situation they may face.

A mission statement is a reflection of what you and the organization are about. It's crucial to believe what you represent. Students need to believe and trust that you as well as the school will do the right thing.

Nicholas,

Great! In that sense the mission statement is both a guide and a motivator!

Jay Hollowell

William, thanks, and as we may have referenced before, the mission statement is a living document!

Jay Hollowell

The mission statement is important because it provides guidance to all faculty and staff. The mission statement directs decision making and activities. The statement communicates who we are and what we intend to provide our consumers.

The company mission and values form part of the philosophical basis for development of the curriculum and individual courses and learning activities. Employees and potential employees can also compare their personal values to those of the company to decide if the values are congruent to seek employment or continue employment with that particular company.

The company's mission and value premise is important to me because I am a professor at the school, and the school reflects on me personally. I want to know my students are getting the best possible education and are able to pass state boards the first time. I want the students to be proud of where they got their education.

My company mission statement is important for me to be true to the student and help the student with the best outcome possible

This is important to me, as it sets the direction for all activities at a department and individual level.

Hi James,

Thanks for your comments! You reference the important link between the institution's mission statement and the core values that everyone should share. The mission certainly supports this.

Jay Hollowell

My company's mission statement gives me the guidelines on how they want me to work with students. It lets me know what is most important and what my focus should be in the performance of my duties.

The company's mission statement is a clear definement of what the school stands for. It explains the who we are and what we are about.

It's important that integrity and compliance must be shown by all in order for everyone to be successful.

The mission statement is our guiding principles. It describes our purpose and direction in all that we aspire to do.

It is important to me because it allows me to know what my boundaries are. I know what I am empowered to do and say without having to find someone or look it up in a manual. The value premise is the core of the mission to me. This is real life and must be treated in this manner at all times. If you cannot believe the information being given to you by a representative of the school is true then the value of the education as already been devalued. I run my day to day activities living by this moto “if you are honest with me I will always be honest and upfront with you”. I tell students if they lie then I do not have the clear picture of how to help and assist them in their efforts of continuing their education.

A mission statement is about purpose. It is important to know the stated purpose of an organization before entering a relationship with it.

excellence
commitment
professionalism
innovation

The mission should represent what your institution stands for and project to the student

Sign In to comment