Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Mission Statements

In your own words explain why your company's mission and value premise is important to you?

I believe in a person's right to educate themselves and move forward toward achieving their life goals. I consider it an honor to be part of the process by which a person can change their life circumstances through education. Adhering to the mission statement allows me to honestly and accurately represent my school to the prospective student and helps the student make the decision that is in their best interest. It empowers me to represent with integrity and to be able to feel great about what I do.

Gina,

Welcome to the forum. I am sure that your institution would be happy to know that you have embraced your mission statement and applying it daily to what you do.

Cindy Bryant

The company's mission and value premise is important because it establishes who the company is and the standards the company will adhere to.

It provides a guiding focus on what we say we're going to do and why we're going to do it. This allows us to evaluate ourselves on whether we are doing it and assess gaps between the mission and where we actually are so that we can address the gaps and keep moving towards our stated mission. Too many times I think people feel you must perfectly achieve your mission where I think the focus should be on striving for that, but more so on knowing your mission, constantly identifying the gaps in achieving it, and setting patterns of excellence for accomplishing it.

This is important because it conveys our purpose.

The Mission Statement is what gives all of us, the employees, the direction that we want to move in. What drives the company? Is it service? Quality? Profits? Innovation? It tells me what I should do each day to meet the goal of the company as a whole.

My company's mission and value premise is important to me because it helps provide me with a clear understanding of how to tie my scope of work to the company's objectives and values.It helps build purpose and value into the even the minor tasks within pur processes, policies and protocols.

The mission statement, along with the value-premise of the company, is very important to me. Without a clear directive of what our institution stands for, establishing trust with our prospective and current students - as well as faculty and staff - would be impossible. A clear mission statement is critical to ensuring the success of our students.

The company's mission helps to keep in the forefront that our main focus is our students and their success. Also reminds us that in order to ensure student success, we must conduct ourselves with honesty and integrity.

Our company's mission and value premise is important to me because it provides a clear statement on what the company values. Having clear direction and purpose helps to keep all of us moving toward a similar goal.

The missision statement is critical in defining what it is the company as a whole hopes to accomplish. It ensures everyone is on the same page and allows us to move towards accomplishing our mission

Sitara,

You are right, your companies mission and value premise provides you an inside look at your institution's characteristics. Your choice to uphold the mission is what builds the institution up.

Cindy Bryant

James,

You are right, your mission statement defines what your organization is, why it exists, its reason for being. At a minimum your mission statement defines and identifies the student services you provide.

Cindy Bryant

Belinda,

You are right, a mission statement provides the guiding light that we need to find our way. A mission should always reflect the image of the organization.

Cindy Bryant

Chris,

If you were to develop a mission statement to describe your daily duties what would that mission look like?

Cindy Bryant

Freida,

How would you describe the purpose of your organization in the format of a mission?

Cindy Bryant

Lisa,

Recently I read an article entitled "The Customer is Not Always Right" that offered steps to resolving complaints. It outlined the 7 steps for resolving customer complaints. It mentions that it is not to let time lapse and make things worse with your avoidance. When reviewing these steps interchange the word 'customer' for 'student.'

Approach the customer as soon as you learn they are unhappy, and;

1. Listen Intently: Listen to the customer, and do not interrupt them. They need to tell their story and feel that they have been heard.

2. Thank Them: Thank the customer for bringing the problem to your attention. You can’t resolve something you aren’t completely aware of, or may be making faulty assumptions about.

3. Apologize: Sincerely convey to the customer your apology for the way the situation has made them feel. This is not the time for preachy reasons, justifications or excuses; you must apologize.

4. Seek the Best Solution: Determine what the customer is seeking as a solution. Ask them; often they’ll surprise you for asking for less than you initially thought you’d have to give—especially when they perceive your apology and intention is genuinely sincere.

5. Reach Agreement: Seek to agree on the solution that will resolve the situation to their satisfaction. Your best intentions can miss the mark completely if you still fail to deliver what the customer wants.

6. Take Quick Action: Act on the solution with a sense of urgency. Customers will often respond more positively to your focus on helping them immediately versus than on the solution itself.

7. Follow-up: Follow-up to ensure the customer is completely satisfied, especially when you have had to enlist the help of others for the solution delivery. Everything up to this point will be for naught if the customer feels that “out of sight is out of mind.”

Problems happen. It’s how you honestly acknowledge and handle them which counts with people. Customers will remember you, and happily give you another chance to delight them when you choose to correct problems with the very best you can offer, proving you value them and their business.

Cindy Bryant

My organization's mission is important to me because it provides the overall purpose for my work in my organization. The mission focuses on the students and preparing them for their future, which I find motivating and rewarding.

Jessica,

It is great to hear you mention that the mission motivates you. A mission is the guiding principle for an organization and it's employees-the motivation part is an additional bonus. :)

Cindy Bryant

Sign In to comment