Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Mazzy - well said!

I agree that leading by example is so important. Always give positive reinforcement, clearly communicate and model appropriate behavior.

This is a great idea that I'd enjoy seeing at my school in our training sessions!

Being clear and direct is very important. Managers should be up front with their employees, focus on the good going as well the not so good, give praises, be respectful, and set new goals to keep the energy going within a company.

Just saying thank you and showing appreciation for your hard work is the best way to motivate employee's. Knowing that what you do is noticed and means something will make you want to continue to do a good job!!

Making every one feel that they are an invaluable part of the team

Be an example to employees, positive and upbeat attitude, and willingness to help out in times of need.

Telisa - I agree that such praise and appreciation can go a long way to motivate employees!

Completely agree. Performance that gets recognized gets repeated.

I like your comments, Kimberly - you make some good points.

I think a lot of employees are motivated by being part of a team that values them and invests in their personal development. It is important to provide employees with the tools and support to do their job well and acknowledge their contributions. Another motivating factor is Knowing that you work for an ethical company that makes a difference in peoples' lives.

Encourage staff members to further their education which will be a factor when considering job security.

Agree 100% to be leader, to be consistent at all times

Be clear on your expectations, lead by example and praise, praise, praise.
When you praise those who work hard it tends to make them work harder. Sounds like a win-win to me !

I agree! Continuation of a program or a job should not be based on numbers. If the campus builds a balanced program that enlightens the student regarding the profession they are about to embark in, remain positive and have fun from the faculty, administrative staff, and support staff, this will build an aura of cohesiveness and learning.

If you build it, they will come.
- Kevin Costner

Lead and work by example and always take oppertunities that present themselves to acknowledge motovation shown by your staff.

Immediatey give recognition to employees that go above and beyond to promote the mission and values of the company.

I agree, positive praise is always good, letting employess know they're doing a good or outstanding job is something all managers should be doing. This is what seperates the good manager from the Great Managers.

I agree Irene...Leaders need to be consistent at all times,always lead by example and give lots of positive reinforcement.

Treating all staff equally and creating a positive working environment is the basic foundaton of motivating employee's. It makes everyone work as a team and you want to work harder because you're respected.

Sign In to comment