Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

I believe you have to have a passion for education and a strong desire to see others succeed. If you have this passion and a management team that is encouraging, supportive, and motivating, it can be very rewarding.

Embrace the changes in regulations and keep staff educated, trained and involved.

Lead by example and explain why it’s so important. Also by referring back to our core values. If you give people the reason for it most will understand and follow what’s right. It also starts at the management level down so if the leaders of the company are doing it then it will motivate others to do the same.Also acknowledging a job well done goes a long way when people fell respected and something to be proud of.

Encouragement is a great way to motivate with the elimination of safe harbors.

Agreed. Lead by example, Positive reinforcement and modeling appropriate behavior

As one person said giving praises for doing the right thing. It is hard work to convince students to enroll in school to brighten their employnment prospect, so managers need to motivate by giving praising when due and continue to train their staff in customer service , roll playing helps.

I think simple recognition can be a motivator. There are somethings that have an intrinsic value such as abiding by one's moral code and knowing that you are operating within the guidelines.

It can be difficult to motivate sales reps with non-monetary means. Most people go into sales for the money, right? Many people can feel motivated by the fact that they are making a difference. I've heard several of our reps comment on this and I see how proud they are when one of "their" students graduate.

I agree. Recognition in front of their peers can also be a great motivator, and it's free! They all want to be "the best".

I agree, good managers and leaders always lead by example and provide a positive, professional presentation (the 3 p's) if we achieve this with all interactions the outcomes will be positive.

Totally agree...hopefully students will lead by the example set for them via their instructors and program directors.

I agree with alot of the other comments. Managers can say thank you, give special awards (ex. Certificate of Gratitude), write a note of encouragement, or verbally let them know their efforts are appreciated. All of these are positive ways to communicate to your staff that their good deeds are not un-noticed.

Award non monitary recognition for their achievements and or give some kind of formal recognition for their achievements.

Thanks, Sharon, for your tip - 3 P's - to set the guideline for leading by example.

Creating a company culture with high expectations that are clearly communicated and reviewed on a routine basis with staff improves overall staff motivation. In the past, we have had carrot at the end of the stick approaches; however, these provide short-term results rather than generating consistent growth and achievements. Developing a culture where employees are listed to, have healthy relationships with peers, are given support, and are recognized by management will assist in developing motivated staff.

Primary instrucotrs and clinical instructors lead by example and model professional behaviors. Studnets learn professional core value behaviors and practice scenarios that reinforce these values and attitudes. Our professional organization strongly emohasis the practice of ethical behaviors as part of daily patient care and practice.

Employees are motivated by genuiness and time. If as managers we are focusing on quality time and appreciation of service, employees will focus on these values as well. Example: Rotating work schedule for folks who are performing well (ie. no late nights for a week)

Promote a positive, worry-free work enviroment and remind instructors and employees of the value of their work each day. Educating and inspiring instructors and employees is truly invaluable.

Carina - great example of a non-monetary incentive that could be meaningful to employees.

Leah - I completely agree with your comments. A great culture where employees enjoy working is a wonderful motivator!

Sign In to comment