Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Say "thank you", provide feedback, and give employees all of the knowledge/training they need to move forward in their career.

Rikki - it sometimes amazes me the power of appreciation. That simple "thank you", plus the other items you mention, can go a long way to keep employees motivated. Thanks for sharing.

Excelletn suggestion, Terelyn - Team building events can be very beneficial. I am not sure what kind of incentives you mean by "office incentives". Just make sure these are not in conflict with the restrictions related to incentive compensation.

Kristy - I totally agree about the attitude and "do the right thing" approach. You also bring up a good point about being available to answer questions to avoid frustration and delays in responding to questions when they arise.

Erin - well said.

Marilyn - I completely agree that the biggest reward is student achievement! I think ALL employees should attend graduation ceremonies as it is such a great feeling to see the positive impact on each of their lives!

Outlining a realistic career path is definitely motivation for employees to stay and perform well.

Diana - I concur! In today's world of email and texting, taking time to write a hand written note has special meaning to the recipient!

Cherise - Agreed! And, on the opposite side, if they witness lack of professionalism by managers, it is tough for them to see the value of good behavior.

Most individuals want to achieve a status that is respected by themselves and their peers. There seem to be numerous ways to make an employee's performance notable. Simple award certificates, pats on the back, encouraging support from managers, verbal recognition amongst peers, access to lunch with campus officials are just a few of the ways to motivate someone. Find small victories and capitalize on them without monetary reward. For this to work, you have to have management buy in and those who believe the recognition activity is noteworthy and the more you can get on your bandwagon to support the event, the more rewarding it is for the employee.

provide a good annual salary, reviews, recognitionamong peers and abiliy to progress up the ladder.

Clear communication is a great motivator. People function better when they know what is expected. A simple thank you or a few words of recognition or praise go a very long way.

It's really easy to motivate when you see that you're helping a person afford school and complete a program they've always wanted to do.

Concentrate on honest praise and recognition for a job well done. We are in the business of preparing students for rewarding careers. When faculty and staff contribute to this goal, as demonstrated in graduation and employment rates, there should be public recognition, within the company, of this accomplishment.

There are many diff approaches managers can take to motivate employees. Some of which are team goals that are made can be followed up with a lunch in or an on campus event to celebrate teh difference that they made in others lives.
Also there are team building exercises that can be doen off site or even on site that can be fun that can be used to encourage teh reps to accomplish more producation on a daily basis.

I agree. Very well said Sherry. It also makes you feel as if you have accomplished something even if it was just a simple "thank you, for all that you do."

It would be beneficial to offer a team outing or team building even incentives like lunch on the boss for completed files and successful class start rates.

At our school, we have team building events to put the focus on team work and communication. It is a great ice breaker when we get paired up in teams with different people we do not communicate with directly on a daily basis...it is great for team morale!

Continually advise employees that their Annual Performance Evaluation will be based upon the degree of excellence that they use to fulfill the requirements of their position. Do not related to the financial status of the institution or to how their excellent performance affects that financial status but more importantly on how their excellent impacts the number of successful graduates and thier future employment.

We also stress that the Respiratory Care profession is much like a Fraterity in that we all rely on our peers for advise, assistance, and maintenance of high quality patient care services.

Sign In to comment