Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

They can not engage in the "what-if's", the rule applies, if you have to look into the mirror to see if it fits, you SHOULD NOT wear it. Same thing goes here, if you have to think if it is appropriate, then side with caution! SAY NO

Sending emails to the staff, giving thank you notes or just simply saying thank you to the individual are all good ways that a manager can motivate employees. Too often this is forgotten even though it's necessary.

The working environment makes a big difference. Keeping stress levels low while still having high expectations can make a big difference in motivating a team.

Lead by example. Policies & Procedures are black & white and usually well known by employees. When managers themselves are in compliance daily, their way of professionalism is an easy act to follow.

Non-monetary recognition can be very motivating, such as recognizing them at a company function or just a simple email saying they did a great job and it’s appreciated. It helps you build confidence and satisfaction in the job that you do.

Always tell them like it is. Give them clear, concise information on what the guidlelines are for and why we need them. Let them know they are doing a good job and always communicate in a timely manner to your teams any changes that will affect their role.

offer non-monetary rewards

Encouragement and compliments go a long way to motivate individuals. Other motivating factors include enthusiasm, a simple 'thank you,' and holding people accountable to realistic expectations. Also, setting simple benchmarks and acknowledging the acheivement of benchmarks helps too. Public acknowledgement is a particular bonus.

Excellent points, Rebecca. We can sometimes forget the power of praise and can miss opportunities to motivate by simply focusing on the "human element".

Kimberly, I absolutely agree with your comments. Adherence to rules and guidelines is what avoids confusion for staff and can help our work proceed in a positive and smooth manner for the benefit of our students.

I can attest that a simple note of appreciation can lift spirits and motivate staff. I do this for my instructors periodically. I receive feedback that they appreciate the thoughtfulness and especially that I hand write them.

Effective communication. Showing employees that they are appreciated. It only takes two words "THANK YOU".Practice what we preach .

Prevention and education is EVERYTHING in this business. To have your employees fully aware of the policies and WHY is essential in success and compliance.

I agree best way is a Thank You !! Be sure everyone remebers, integrity, respect and customer service. The biggest reward is achievement of the students.

Se a good example. do as I do kind of mind set. And always giving praise for doing the right thing. And focusing on the human element.

When the teanm is motivated they are more willing to accomplish goal that seem impossible . They are also more likely to give it their all insted of just whats expected.

It's all about following the rules and procedures.

Just always be motivating to their staff and have a great up-beat attitude to do the right thing at all times. To be their for there staff to answer questions.

Revamp ordinary procedural training by incorporating Team Building events.

Also, increasing office moral and motivation with office incentives for timely and accurate completion of duties.

TT

Communication, orginzation, reminders of these retrictions are all ways to motivate.

Sign In to comment