Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

I reference the school catalog almost daily. I have only been in my position for a year and I like to use the catalog for back up. I reference attendance, dress code, and overall campus expectations. Often times I use the catalog verbage to complete advising reports regarding students. It is a great resource.

When it comes to student behavior it's helpful to show all potential students exactly what is expected of them; which in turn, hopefully, reduces the amount of student disturbances or grievances.

Program course description with the number of credits for each course and the program length. It is useful for preparing tuition credits when the prospective student has some credits to transfer to the program.

I reference grading, including makeup work and exams, and attendance policy the most.

I refer to the catalogue often. If a student is wanting to return to school, I sometimes read descriptions of some of the specific courses.

I agree completely - it's a proactive means to minimize disgruntled students.

Typically accreditation national vs regional, programmatic, then course descriptions.

Since I am in education adminstration, I frequently reference student conduct, dress code, credit granting policy, attendance procedures, and grading. A copy of the current catalog is always within arm's length.

I reference the student Code of Conduct the most, not just when a student violates this code but also as a reminder of what is expected of our students.

In my position in education, I frequently reference academic standards, dress code, readmission, conduct, dress code, grading policy

of course, as a Financial Aid Officer is to assist the very best possible in financing their career eduactionan plans, I find myself frequently advising all Prospective, enrolled,former students to make sure they read and understand the difference between all of the United States Department of Education's Federal Student Assistance Programs. I believe their have been a mispresentation with the two words "FINANCIAL AID" not really understanding FINANCIAL AID is a combination of different types of programs available for those who qualify. In their mind they think FINANCIAL AID is ALL Grant (FREE)I direct them to page 16 on the catalog to educate them and know the difference on
1)Federal Pell Grant
2)FSEOG
3)Federal Subsidized and Unsubsidized Loans
4)Federal Plus Loan. etc...

I reference several areas; dress code, attendance, supplies needed for first day of school, academic calendar and a few others depending on the situation.

the attendance policy comes up offen. We also refer to the catalog for clinical issues as they are clearly stated in the catalog.

As a program director, I most frequently reference the attendance, conduct, tardy, and Satisfactory Academic Progress policies.

I work in the education side of the business, therefore I mostly reference the disciplinary sections, SAP, grades, and course information as well as the Make-up work, and attendance polocies.

Education cost and financial aid.

I reference the attendance and conduct policies most office since I am a program director and instructor.

The attendance policy and dress code are the two topics I reference the most. Accreditation is also brought up frequently.

I as well work in the educational department and I most often refer to the section of disciplinary as well as grade and course information when dealing with students. But I also refer to our Mission Statement section when dealing with faculty and/or staff.

i refer to the section that discusses job placement assistance when graduates and students use the terms placement guarantee, so that they understand there is no guarantee but the services we provide to give them the best chances for successful employment

Sign In to comment