Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

As program director, I reference the catalog frequently about policy on conduct, readmission, and SAP.

I am asked frequently for course descriptions. I also reference the entrance requirements including tests and the school's dress code policy as well as the section in regards to transferability of credits.

I usually reply to class description.

As a Campus President, I reference many areas. I typically review attendance policies as they pertain to our clinical programs, grievance policies and grading.

I am part of the academics team. I most frequently reference the dress code, conduct, attendance policy, mission statement, core values, and course descriptions.

The topics I have frequently referred to my school catalog is conduct and attndence policy.

Although most of my students have prior work experience, surprisingly I have to address the dress code and professional attire.

I assist in completing many regulatory documents so I am often refering to the catalog to verify we have accurate information and to make sure I am using correct verbage. Many regulatory agencies require the schools to use a catalog checklist to cross reference with the catalog to ensure all required information is in the catalog. I think it would be interesting to have the employees look at the checklist and see if they could find the specific information on the checklist in the catalog. Those of us using the catalog on an almost daily basis would probably be able to do this fairly easily.

I have had to refer to the catalog to help students who have withdrawn understand why they were charged and credited for x amount of tuition.

As a dean I refer to the catalog several times a week.

I have pointed out to students that the dress code and attendance policy at the school is preparing them for what is expected in the workplace.

I frequently refer to the attendance policy, dress code, and conduct sections of the catalog in meeting with students. I always keep a copy of the catalog with these sections highlighted for quick reference.

As Academic Dean, I most often refer to the school catalog for policies regarding student conduct, transfer credit, attendance, and satisfactory academic progress.

As a Program Director i use it to reference attendance, dress code, etc that students get in orientation; however, they seem to lose track of while in class.

I most often reference entrance requirements as well as length of program, credit hours and start dates.

Since I am the program director I mostly refer to the conduct, dress code, grades, mission statement, and core values. I manage the professionalism with the students while the instructors manage and teach the hands on skills and professionalism. I am the back up and support for the instructors and holding our studnets to a higher standard.

Yes, I find this to be sooo true!! At the end of the last term, I had a whole class of Seniors that showed up in ragged jeans, flannel tops, hoodies--anything we have a rule against, they wore it. In contrast, my 1st term class were all neatly in their uniforms, name tags, hair and nails proper...funny how soon they forget. And we DO have consequenses at our school, which I believe are totally necessary to uphold some of these types of rules.

I agree! There is the potential of backing yourself into a corner when highlighting information that you are not fully comfortable discussing, or not allowed to discuss.

As an instructor I reference to attendance policy the most.

The attendance policy and accreditation come up quite often for me.

Sign In to comment