Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

avoid using word why

Global Listening, benefits both student and advisor. Making that connection establishes Trust.

I learned about the three As. Acknowledge, Answer, Ask. Remember to dive deep with my student and connect with them. That is how I can best serve them. 

it creates a personal approach to show the perspective students that we are wanting to learn about them and their goals

I have learned that there are levels of listening: Internal listening, focused listening and global listening, it requires you to develop trust. 

"tip of the iceberg" there's no way to truly know what's going on in the students life so its important to formulate and ask the correct questions.

I learned that finding common ground with the student and using effective listening techniques are key.

Listen to the prospective students so you will identity what are their needs.

I always thought that admissions scripts were one of the best ways to ensure that admissions staff conduct thorough, meaningful interviews. After completing this module, it's clear to me now that admissions scripts limit the amount of useful information you will get from a prospective students during the interview. 

Exploring the students "why".

In the module "Exploring the Prospective Student's Environment," participants likely learned about the importance of understanding the context in which prospective students make enrollment decisions. This involves examining various factors, such as the student's background, motivations, challenges, and goals. By exploring the prospective student's environment, admissions professionals can tailor their approach, provide relevant information, and address individual needs ethically. This practice aims to create a more personalized and supportive enrollment experience, fostering a positive relationship between the institution and the student.

Asking both open-ended and closed-ended questions in the right manner can help me find out more information about my prospective student. Avoid using the word why though, because it can feel accusatory.

Great material was covered. 

I learned that listening is not as simple as it may seem and there are varying degrees of it. 

The prospect has many insecurities when making a decision, because has external alternatives form other college. Listening the prospect is the key that demonstrates excellent ethics to begin offering the service to the need to be listened and guided to achieve their academic goals.

Admission information very explained

"Exploring the Prospective Student's Environment" was thought provoking. This is a very important component of/in a prospective students enrollment process. My "takeaway" was obviously the importance on listening, delving deeper, finding the "Why", obstacles, strengths, support all of that! A "blueprint" to selling yourself with ethics, integrity and trustworthiness. "Why" they should "buy" into YOU(Rep.). 

It is imperative to be aware and to listen to the background, culture, and economical experiences of our students so that we can be sensitive and in tuned with challenges that they may face and concerns that may occur because of their current situation. 

Sign In to comment