Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Using active listening can build relationships and can make it easier to identify the students needs

I think it is very important to listen to a student's needs in order to help them in certain situations.

Knowing how to listen to each of our future students is valuable because it defines how to guide them to their perfect career.

Listening carefully will assist the admissions personnel to ask the proper questions.  Their 

success depends on making the "right" choice as to their preparation.  Many students 

do not realize the importance of goals and how to establish them.

I am impressed with the structure now beeing used for these training modules. 

I hjave learned much toward training others in the same capacity.

Asking the right questions will establish a comfort zone for the prospective students.

They realize that you are not trying to "sell" them on your program and will be more receptive to 

your interview.

I found the section on listening very helpful.  Listening is a choice and you must listen with a clean slate and without judgment.  This is so important in order to truly understand student needs.

It is important to listen and to engage in a discussion with a potential students about all the things they are weighing to make their decision. This will help them understand how to move forward.

listeining is a skill.

Being a good listener helps you to better understand your student's individual situation.

It's good to know where our students are coming from, in order for you to understand your candidates cultures.

A student is a client. We must engage with them according to meet our common goals.

Comment on Kimberly Taylor's post: When dealing with potential students, they are always going to have situations that life brings. That's why its important to ask key questions to see how we can best assist their situation.

To better help serve it is good to get the students perspective as well.

It's best to ask open ended questions and use active listen practices to best understand the prospective applicant's situation and to be sure your school is the best fit for the student.

In order to best help a student, it is important to listen and understand their current situation and what their goals are.

This taught me to listen at a higher level so that I can be effective in hearing my prospective students needs and then ask the questions that will respond to their needs. 

Exploring the student's environment to identify the tools you need to gather information is key. Developing relationship, uncover challenges and options, look below the surface, what is really important to the student? why is the prospective student there.? Determine what needs to change to make it happen.

I have learned to be more open and patient with getting to know prospective students. 

Scripts don't work sometimes

Sign In to comment