Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Comment on Barbara Patton's post: so funny how it is layered to get to bonding. Never thought of it until now

interesting concept of communication 

Learned the difference between Content and Context reframing.

The hierarchy of meeting someone and establishing rapport was interesting to study and reflect on how it impacts all the relationships in one's life. 

It is interesting to know that in communication there is a hierarchy: greetings, small talk, mutual interest, significant opinions, the last thing is concrete, sale.

the person must know the product and have sales skills , personal skills and attitude.

I was surprised to learn that 50% of the job is based off your attitude. That gives me hope that as you learn, your attitude is most important.

Making the connection was a struggle at first, but once you start at the basics you will be able to connect to your student or to other person...just lessen attentively .

Reframing a comment or conversation can be an important tool in understanding and forming a connection with students. We possess sales skills when we are genuine with our actions. Our attitudes are key to forming good communication skills.

Learning how to put students first

The communication hierarchy and how it is used to earn buy-in was a great lesson! I learned that in roundtables, and meetings with several individuals or teams, you have to go through stages of the hierarchy. That makes sense why Ice breakers are a good strategy during orientations and seminars, as it is a great way to transition through the hierarchy of communication with several individuals simultaneously 

The communication hierarchy is important. Small talk cannot begin without the ritual. Bonding can only be accomplished once mutual interest, opinions, and feelings are established.

Making the connection builds trust in any conversations moving forward. It creates a bond between the two parties

Great insight on just remaining positive, encouraging and always being positively solution oriented. 

It is mind blowing the percentage amount for attitude, and how it compares to the percentage amount for product knowledge and sales that an individual will need to possess to have a successful connection and/or confident conversation with an individual in this industry.  

Sign In to comment