Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Main points for me were: 

Be Polite, Professional and Patient in communicting with students

Differemce with empathy and sympathy. I tend to be more sympathic.. but i do realise being empathic is better in keeping your communiation with students on track.

Communication goals: 

1. Be more aware of my body language and that of others 

2. be more attentive in Listening

3. Ask questions to clarify when i dont understand. 

Listen effectively-shut down the noise and truly pay attention. Respond appropriately, be aware of biases, repeat and reflect.  I was able to learn different body languages and what it can portray if not careful. 

Be aware of my body langauage, reflect on my interations. and clarify if I have questions.

It's so important to understand the difference between empathy and sympathy. 

good stuff

I intend to know display appropriate use of Empathy and Sympathy to provide direction, strength, and understanding to prospective and exsiting students. 

Principles of Communication:

1. Active listening

2. Appropriate responses 

3. Understanding/reacting to body language

4 Ask open and close ended questions

5. Build trust by seeking a common grouund. 

Body Language is an important part of communication, it is also a part of active listening and demonstrating that you care about a student and their needs. 

Any time someone leans in to the conversation when we are speaking shows me that their body language is engaged into the conversation

Understanding Empathy and Sympathy to assist our students 

Listen, respond, read your audience, ask questions and be neutral with the students; when these behaviors and activities are applied, more can be accomplished.

I've learned that not only your tone but your facial expressions,  body language and attitude deeply effects how a person perceives you. This can cause someone to feel misunderstood or even negative about how they respond to you. 

aware of body language, knowing empthy and sympthy, make communication improvment

be a good listener with our intruption, Respect studnet to feel confertable,ask open and close questiones, most important back to body language

Body language and tone are very important in conveying your message to someone and interpreting what someone is trying to tell you.

Effective listening skills include listening without biases, asking open ended questions and reflecting upon  what the individual has said to convey that you have been listening. 

Body language can say more than what your verbal words will. 

I like the statement, clarify the feelings behind the word and repeat, reflect. I think it’s a good practice as many of us are listening to respond more often than listening to understand and reflect. All of these are great communication practices that can produce healthier relationships.

I learned that there are goals I can set for myself that will help me achieve improved communication skills by reflecting and rephrasing and getting in tune with others. 

Throughout this course I learned the importance of trying to understand my students' sentiments even if i do not agree. I was able to get a better grasp of thinking of the student first. 

I have to work on my body language. I do things unknowingly, sending mixed or the wrong messages to my audience.

Sign In to comment