Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

These modules have the techniques that can be used to be successful in and outside the office. 

1. Respond appropriately is always necessary but you have to be open and listen without Bias. Listening effectively is always the key when your results driven. Positive body language is always an effective tool whether by phone or in person. Answering questions effectively (without the extra razzle dazzle) will give the recipient a clear-cut understanding of what you offer, and what to clearly expect. 

Be ever present in the conversation and pay close attention to the body language of yourself and student. Seek first to understand. 

This section was especially enlightening for me in providing guidance for (MY) approaches to student obstacles, adversities, struggles, situations, etc. Reading this section I stepped outside of myself and peered deeper into the accountability of how (AR) sending 'mixed' or 'contradicting' messages can be unconsciously affirming (to the student) in counter-productive ways. 

Being able to have a better understanding about the different principles of communication and how they may help or hinder the developing relationships with prospective students. Also, realizing the impact that effective communication has on the interpretation of the conversation or meeting with prospective students and others.

Sign In to comment