Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

I understand how important it is that we have an advisory committee that meets twice a year.  I also need to find me a mentor.  

I think it is important to build professional relationships with your collegues. It is important to be able to rely on each other and learn from each other.

The first year I learned to keep boundries wit students, this will make them more comfortable.and like your class better.  Them acting like they want you as a friend is just show, what they need and want is well balanced and prepared teacher.

I'm happy to hear that there are a number of resources out there for new CTE teachers. I have been concerned about the amount of work that needed to be done for the school year and, with only 2 months before the new school year begins, I am going to need help from an advisory board and especially a mentor. It's only hard the first few times, and with time and experience I can be a mentor for a new teacher too.

Stay engaged with your community of advisors, adminstrators, colleagues and other CTE teachers. 

It is important to make connections which may be with a mentor or other teachers in the building.

All of this information is so good. I have a wonderful mentor that was my first teacher at the school I teach at and we have an asome TAC (technology advisory committee) committee as well that keeps us up on what is happening in industry.

All of this information is so good. I have a wonderful mentor that was my first teacher at the school I teach at and we have an asome TAC (technology advisory committee) committee as well that keeps us up on what is happening in industry.

I've gained the recognition of a support system that is less judgemental and more collaborative in finding the best methods to serve the students.

Mentors are important and it's OK to ask for help.

I see a great positivity in an advisory group for support. I do have a mentor but I think that he is not necessarily a good fit. I need to be looking for somebody that I connect with better and can instruct me more as a teacher.

Mentorship in my first year of teaching was CRITICAL. Understanding the value of mentorship and understanding resources available to new CTE teachers is the primary focus of this section.

I am halfway through my 2nd year of teaching, so this module did not teach me much. I had a mentor and it was definitely appreciated.

My takeaway is building a solid advisory board; this has been a struggle for the last few years. 

Be prepared, used your mentor to assist with things beyond one's control.

Having a mentor teacher can be crucial in the success of a new teacher/program in CTE.  

I was blessed to have a wonderful cooperating teacher that later served as a mentor.  She taught me how to mentor and now I get to fill those shoes to our new CTE teacher. 

I would not have survived either in this field without my mentor. Having a professional community to bounce ideas off of is critical and TAC's really do provide the industry standard at which we teach. 

It's always nice to have both Teacher friends who can help you with Teaching Strategies and "Industry friends' that can help you with the knowledge of your program.  

I learned the importance of having a great support system!

Finding a mentor my first year was important and helped. Now in my second year I have become the mentor for a whole new staff that is under me.

Sign In to comment