Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

I really enjoyed this bit of learning. I use simulation greatly in my teaching currently and really understand the value of it. 

I have learned that it is good to add variety to the learning classroom. We just need to make it purposeful and goal-centered. 

In this module, I have learned that games and simulation provide various learning benefits, but it should be noted that they are not "self-learning". I will apply in my courses to identify your goals, plan and prepare content, be flexible, locate resources when using these methods.

... the amount of class time required for simulations, funding, administrative issues and technical issues. This is so true! We need to implement educational gaming center for promote the development and implementations in courses.

It is effective at capturing the learners attention if used effectively.

It is effective at capturing the learners attention if used effectively.

Thus far, I've learned that there are MANY more factors than I first realized that will need to be considered in order to design/develop optimal gaming and/or simulation experiences for learners. 

I know games can help people learn... its finding time in the class to allow it when there is so much content to go over. there really isnt time in the class. students need to be willing to do this on their own time.

gaming and simulation can be used to integrate students' prior and current knowledge and encourage learning in a fun format. 

I have always believed in the use of games and simulations. It is engaging, enables students to activey participate in their learning, and helps with retention and the formation of memories.

The using of games allow the student to apply their knowledge towards a goal.

Gaming need not be only about entertaining the learner but engaging them.

I am very interested in simulations as they are applicable to real-life situations. As an ID I can help faculty in creating these games instead of them having to be hands-on in the development of the game.

The idea of using games and simulations for online classes is a new one for me.  In fact, the idea of games/simulations in my personal classes is new whether it would be for online or for face-to-face classes.  I have learned that one of the key barriers to the use of these games is the time (preparation) element as well as finding the game/simulation that will fit the learning objectives well enough to be worth it.  I'm looking forward to learning more and hopefully I will remain open to the idea.

Online games have been beneficial in engaging my virtual students with on campus individuals- they also have been beneficial with my neurodiverse students who may be hesitant to be vocal or share their camera in class- the games allow them to have an avatar to speak or be the face for them.  Allowing them to show their more authentic self and demonstrate their knowledge.

Our students gte more engaged if the content is transferred in a game format.

Games hold attention, but are not necessarily real world

Me parecería interesante agregar algún tipo de juego o simulación, en algún contenido de materia, pero sí se tendría que analizar como se desarrollaría este y lo que deseo alcanzar con dicha propuesta 

Gaming helps connect digital learners to the content.

It is interesting to know that the hesitations of both instructors and students are valid and observed. It is also good to know guidelines to help overcome these challenges. However, before they could be applied, more information on examples or how to incorporate them in real-world, class environments would be helpful to note.

Sign In to comment