Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Successful online students understand that their instructors are facilitators of their learning process and that the individual student must be a dedicated and goal-oriented self-starter. Online students are motivated and goal-oriented. They put their schoolwork at the top of their list of priorities

The styles of how the teacher teaches are related to his personality traits and therefore how he learns. Motivate the student to learn and develop their potential. The teacher is a leader, an example to follow for his students.

It reinforced why I am a teacher and how I am able to use my streghts

I learned that though there is a list of 8 traits successful online learners should have, depending on the student's TC, they may not be prone to posses most of them naturally. For me, this information will be interesting to try to diversify the asynchronous learning enviroment.

Understanding students personality traits help instructors understand learning traits, which makes a better learning environment. 

I learned that personality traits can be correlated with aspects of a successful instructor and learner. This makes me want to better understand the specifics of how to create a more welcoming and trusting online learning environment.

Knowing and understanding learning styles of students enrich the classroom environment and the various ways students learn and understand the curriculum being taught. 

Again, no one fits into one clear cut category, which means that teachers have to be willing to use different methodologies and evolve as the class's needs evolve.

Comment on SETH SORONNADI's post: One of the ways we set a sense of community is by having students comment on the works of others in their cohort.  Over time they learn to trust their cohort and recognize the journey an online program can create a sense of family with individuals that may be 1000s of miles away.

In delivering a hybrid curriculum, it benefits the students when combining lecture/ coach based teaching styles. It is important for the students to develop their critical thinking skills to be successful as a Sonographer.

Sign In to comment