Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

In order to develop a professional relationship with my students I would post o biography of myself and inform the students of my expectations. Then have the students post a short biography of themselves with them explaining why they are taking this course and what their expectations of the course are.

I should compose a video about me and who I am including my credentials, but also my hobbies.  Give my students an idea of who I am, but ask them to do the same so I know who they are.  I think Flipgrid would be a fun way to get to know my students and a Form would be a great way to orgranize all the information.

I plan on adding a bio to my welcome note on the first day of class previously I've just added a welcome note.

The idea of sharing a biography of the teacher and also a student biography to allow for a more personal approach is a very good first interaction.

This is all so very new to me, in general. I'm excited to explore ways of effectively communicating with and getting to know, my students. I feel giving a few bits of personal enjoyments can bring a personaization instead of a "robot" on the other side of the screen. Becoming an on-line presence might be tricky at first but I'm looking forward to giving it a try!

Try to find some things you have in common with the students. Some times this will open them up to dissusion.

Creating relationships with students and showing trust, respect, and consideration during every instructional session will help build an energized classroom conducive to a meaningful, and dynamic learning experience.

I learned that it is most important to showcase my experience and credentials when presenting myself to my students at the start of the course. Also, that I need to establish a personal connection to each student early in the course. 

I have never asked students for their biography and will do this in my future classes! Great idea!

Students trust educators more when they know about the educator.  This also works in the other direction of the teacher taking time to get to know their students just as if they were in a classroom face to face.  I like the student/teacher bios in the first week of class to get to know each other.  I plan on using this if we have to teach online.  

It is important to get to know your students when distance learning just as it is when you are in person. If required to start the year with online platform, I will start by putting together my own biography as an example. Then, I will have students provide identifying information about themselves in order for me to get to know them. With new students at the beginning of the year it will help build a friendly, trusting learning environment. It will also help to identify any students with special needs.

I liked the sharing of biography with students. I do not think it is a good idea for high school students to face time with school online platform. I think it opens up legal issues.

A good way to start the e-learning way is to ask students to share a small biography on them with their interests, what they like to be called and some important or fun information about them.

This module was about creating your presence online. This can be accomplished by posting a short text bio or video of yourself to provide the students with information about yourself.  It is also encouraged to have the students post about themselves on day one.

I learned how biographies are a good way to start to get to know students and they can get to know you but I would also like to know other ice breaker type activities to use in a remote learning situation.

It is important to establish a professional leader approach and, at the same time, be able to relate at the individual inorder to cultivate an educational experience.

I have found that its best practice to be engaged in the discussions and to respond to replies within 24 hours.  Being involved in the discussions shows instructor presence.  

Introduction of bios for students are effective to introduce them to the learning environment.

Instructors that take the time to learn more about their students are signalling care and online class environment. 

To be always visible and make sure to communicate with students on a timely manner .

Sign In to comment