Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

It takes a mixture of individual as well as group work to make sure all skill levels are included

Great information that I could apply to my on-line courses.  There are some fantastic ways to create ways for students to interact with each other. Using portfolios is ideal for students. One benefit of learning what instructional technology tools can offer is to assist in helping to promote learning. 

Love the ideas about holistic learning and spreading portfolios out over the entire quarter.

Once again, the theory references to support topics, as well as assessment topics have been most useful.

I'm sure this is purposeful in some way, but I'm finding this course to be the opposite of dynamic - the reliance on text heavy passages is difficult to engage with. 

Lots of information that can be benefit my online courses.

Interactive tools for student application of theory in addition to utilizing a tablet or mobile device as learning tools. 

portfolios are essential and can be used to assess and display the student's knowledge of the topic.

It is important to engage the students and using a project-based approach for design and portfolio for assessments may do so better than traditional instructional approaches, but these do require planning.

The concept of working backwards for a lesson plan reminds me of the technique of writing your introduction of a paper last, because only then do you really know where your process / writing took you within the paper.

Instructional content and supporting information must now be seen as “connective” rather than prescriptive.  Ilove the portfolios! I have used this in the past with online courses and it has been a very positive experience for me and the students.

I will find ways that will allow my students to feel seen and heard to ensure they progress successfully.

I understand more about portfolio assessment and the its importance in education. Students benefit from a mixture of methods for assessment.

learning about the 3 C's which is cooperation, collaboration and compromise.

Finding ways for students to showcase their new found knowledge helps them to solidify what they are learning.

Understanding media used by students helps instructors develop courses that fit students needs and abilities.

Sign In to comment