Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

I am a big fan of E-Portfolios because this allows our students to showcase thier work and it also gives perspective employers a chance to view the potential new hire. 

This information is useful when trying to incorporate different methods of instruction in different platforms to engage the student.

I believe the most important point to remember from this module is remembering the multitude of platforms that students will be utilizing to access the course. As I create the course, I need to ensure that whether the student is accessing the content on a computer, tablet, or cell phone the content must be easily navigated and pleasing to the user. 

A concept I want to work on is the student not only learning individually but providing useful knowledge to classmates, instructors and those outside of this class. This can be facilitated in a variety of ways including project based assignments and wikis / blogs.  I am also interested in pursuing the students having access to the whole course content from the beginning.

I like the idea that spending more time on a course does not equal a course having more work or working harder. I also like the move away from mid terms and finals to equally weighted assignments taking place in a variety of formats throughout the course.

Nancy Tosh

This module focused on Maximixing the student output and was very informatve. The key taake away here for me was when students encourgaed to use multi media devices they become more dynamic and critical thinkers. Students then feel empowered and feel their ideas are valued. When this occurs, students tend to stay fully engaged.

Cheryl

I find the concept of working with the final goal in mind to be fascinating.  This technique allows for steady continuous involvement and engagement in the course.  In addition, keeping the students actively involved increases student satisfactions and leaning. 

The idea of having students complete a portfolio.  And learning overall how important it is to have student engagment. 

I learned that the technology is the most important element in online course, it have ideas and collaborative thinking.

Project-based learning and portfolios are great ways to assess students' learning in many aspects.

In this module Ive learn about diferentiated learning and ways to design inclusion courses. 

Maximizing student output 

It is important for the success of each student that the course is outlined in a manner that will compliment individual learning styles. As instructor is good practice to incorporate material that will provide a clear and concise study outline. 

Project based learning is something I am incredibly familiar with. At the middle school where I am a Peer Collaborative teacher, I utilize arts integration and project based learning frequently for maximum engagement. I will bring this into my higher education virtual teaching as well.

This is very great information about how to conduct online classes and how to engage the students to participate individually and in group. Also how to organize and present their projects to succeed in the course.

Interesting information to apply to my course

As educators, we have to think about how students access content. We have to think about the end result-acquisition of knowledge- and then develop the design to help facilitate the student's learning.  "Working backwards, instructors then decide which supporting questions should be posed, resources made available, and assessments created to facilitate this process. Finally, the starting point of the course becomes the ending outcome: engaged learning."

I found the checklist useful: from selecting a topic focused on the participants, the skills to be attained, the resources needed and project set up. It helps to have a well thought out and thorough process to achieving effective learning.

I teach international students and what I refer to reverse planning, or having the student identify the problem or end state sometimes help them focus on the problem and the ways to work the porject

Will apply these concepts in the classroom

Sign In to comment