Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Make Educational Theory Relevant in Your Classes | Origin: ED312

This is a general discussion forum for the following learning topic:

Teaching to the Learning Styles of Allied Health Students --> Make Educational Theory Relevant in Your Classes

Post what you've learned about this topic and how you intend to apply it. Feel free to post questions and comments too.

I would see if there are any jingles that I can use for students to remember searching strategies, or I might write my own. I might also create a treasure hunt for the online library for learners who are more naturalist. This helps create a sense of exploration towards the library homepage. Then I might have people discuss their thoughts on the treasure hunt for those who enjoy interpersonal learning. 

I like the idea of the chant or cheer to memorize procedure protocol. It can also help energize a class that has become distracted.

I always use the chant and cheer with my students it is extremely helpful. Its amazing when I do this how effective it is.

Creating cheers or raps are lots of fun, the students actually love making thing rhyme and it makes sense to them, helps when reviewing notes for test

i'm a student as well as an instructor and I agree with the benefits of mnd mapping

I think creating raps and cheers would be of great help for many of the students.  I also think that the visual learner must be better engaged in my teaching. Drawings I think wouuld be helpful.  I like the "mind map" idea as well I plan to incorporate this into class.

I feel as though I am a combination of all eight and as an instructor I like to add different learning modules because it also keeps me motivated. Looking for new ways to present content will also keep the instructor up to date on new teaching material. 

Very useful that I can understand the various types of learners including the musical one....

I can relate to mind mapping and teaching care maps in relation of nursing care plans.

Chant/cheer would be great to focus energy and I agree with Sarah with mind mapping and careplans

Relating what is taught with rhyming or some type of real connection aids in the learning process.

We have been exposed to four other kinds of learners: Friendzy twins, Nattie, Rainbow and Rapper. Catering to their characteristic learning styles would make us extremely effective teachers.

Again, as we meet our prospective future health care professionals it's going be important to observe their differences and adjust appropriately.

I Plan to implemt the visual with the mind maps for my visual learners.  I play music alreader fr my Rapper students.  I really like that idea.

Jingles! We all know that they get stuck in our heads. What a great way to help people remember steps!

Having atrategy to appeal to each offered variety a of class methods and a higher degree of success for all.

There are a lot of ways outdside the box to get the point across to students.  Just as students are more comfortabel with some style, I'm more confortabel with others.  I need to stretch to make sure I'm reaching eveyone.

Additional learning styles. and techniques to improve the learning process for students.  All styles are useful to determine the best learning process for each student.

Using an acronym like PURE PEPSI can help students recall information related to doing proper procedure in certain situations. rap can also be helpful in remembering or recalling a correct sequence of events.

Sign In to comment