Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

I learned that there are 8 learning styles and an Instructor needs to incorporate methods to increase the success of the learners in his/her class.

Comment on Kathleen Watts's post: Yes chant or cheers have always been an effective learning strategy.

Comment on Mukisha Livingston's post: When I was in college mind mapping was used in my English classes. This was very effective in getting my thoughts on paper and completing my essays.

The idea of 60 bpm as a tempo to facilitate learning was novel. I do some class singing/dancing for myotomes and dermatomes. Now I am curious how many bpm our tunes use. I will go back and time it to see. 

I will be using the PURE PEPSI approach to keep my students engaged! can be difficult at times, especially during night classes.

Again, knowing the different learning styles and how to help them facilitate their style is what is important. Have used Mind Mapping in most of my classes, there are several different versions and you just have to let learners choose their favorites. I usually have them use each one in a chapter and see which they liked best. 

I learned more learning styles and how to handle each one.

The different techniques useful to all learners, that can improve  student performance

Sign In to comment