Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

I love all of these ideas and cannot wait to get in the classroom to try them!

Games provide active learning/retention.

These are learning tools I will definitely be trying with students. making learning more fun and  at the same time while using critical thinking and active learning technique

Visual tools are great

I liked the ABG Go Fish. I will implement this one next semester. Thank you for such wonderful ideas.

Using a song to assist with memory recall is a great teaching tool.  The 'Macrena' song is great to use on the pulses. This can be done in person, online or hybrid class sessions.

Creativity aids memorization

These are awesome ideas, I have not come across most of them.

Wow, great to have these activities as examples of what kinds of lessons are possible as an instructor.  Great examples of how to break the habit of rote memorization.

I learned activities such as "Pulse Point Macarena", "ABG Go FIsh" etc to keep my students engange in their learning. I am planning to give a try to these activities!

It is so hard to memorize the ABG gases per my students, I think using pizza activity will be great to apply. Macarena and dancing will be fun and informative.

These are great ideas-and yes not all ideas will work-but we can also try other ideas using these as a springboard to assit with learning for students.

Great ideas shared! Catchy songs are usually a hit with the students for ways to memorize topics

I will never look at pizza the same.  Great exercises.

This course gets you thinking about creative ideas to drive the information home.  

I will incorporate the Pulse Point Marcena when teaching the pulses during lecture or clinical.  The students can have while they learn.

Using everyday items to create lasting memories, keeping the students engaged 

Song to physical activity might be my next niche!

Creativity and new ideas, especially ones that relate to everyday life, helps the students learn and retain information better than just simply reading or listening to lectures. Especially with the new younger generation.

I found several of these exercises very creative and seems like a good way to mix up the teaching/learning experience.

Sign In to comment