Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

It takes 24-36 times before an action becomes automatic 

I love using Kahoot as a learning tool for students as well as a game called "Swats That Term" for learning medical terminology, specifically. 

Comment on Kathleen O’Neil-Meyers's post: i agree; kahoot seems to be one of the most widely used methods snd students seems to engage.

it was perfect idea to play ball with the students

it was great idea to have game in classroom. 

I like the tossing the ball activity for students to review classroom content. I think this would create a team environment and make the students feel at ease. 

Personally, I like the football or baseball activities. I have used the terms/definition cards in past classes, it works well. I like the idea of the ball toss, that can also be done virtually for online classes, the person just virtually passes the ball to a classmate. 

Comment on Megan Fitzsimmons's post: I am new to Kahoot and just learning how to use it. I also like the games of matching and the ball toss for review.

The ball toss game is one I will use.

Doing multiple type of play/learn games is the key to maintaining learning active and engaged.

I love to use many different ideas and ways to keep students engaged and these are all great ideas.

I will be implementing Secret Identity and Flip Chart. I always ask students if they learned something new today? This just takes it up a notch! Thank you for activity ideas I love learning too!

Instead of index cards for matching games use Quizlet and print off the terms.  The students can match the terms.  I put them on cardstock, laminate, and put magnets on them and use them as a station for practice.  

Sign In to comment