Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

I inted to apply the question and answer relay race in the class.  

These are great suggestions for keeping students engaged while learning medical terminology

Classroom games for content retention is a great idea. It also breaks up the ususally classroom instruction and provided increased engagement. 

My students love Kahoots. They say it helps them learn and retain.  However, I do not use them in class; if offer them as a resource for Self-Study.

Margaret De

I actually loved all of the ideas. I think if I had to prioritize an order, it would be to do the ball toss just because of less time with preparation and they can be a bit more self directed and need to use more immediate recall. Then the next item in order of priority would be secret identity that would probably be implemented this next fall, however, I do hope to use even more in the future. 

It is actually easy to incorporate learning activities into a Medical Terminology lesson.

I'm going to try the index card matching activity today and the ball toss at the end, if we have time. Very excited to try these out!

I think I will try all of these ideas during different lessons this year because it will keep things new and fresh for reviewing all the id and terminology that we use.

Group activities are important to keep the group and each individual engaged in learning. Adding more "fun" to learning helps each student retain more information. 

I have learned how to keep students engaged through learning activity. I saw how to turn learning into game and team interaction this producing long term  memory retention.

Comment on Nichole Jarnagin's post: I have learned how to keep students engaged through learning activity. I saw how to turn learning into game and team interaction this producing long term  memory retention.

There are many ways to engage a classroom with various activities to keep students attention.

I didn't try the baseball game . I think everybody will love that. thank you

What fabulous ideas! I can see where it would help with other courses as well as medical term

Retention of information is key to success. I plan to try the game Kahoot in my next class.

I plan to incorporate Kahoot as a way for students to have fun learning terminology.

I Comment on Kelly Penn's post: Could you try the “Throwing ball” in a discussion board? The ball could be a “call out” to another student

I like the Secret Identity and the Term & definition exercises, especially as an “ice breaker” at the beginning if the course. This will also allow students from different groups to interact throughout the course. 

The importance of reviewing and reinforcing the information that is being imparted

This module was very important to implement in class

Sign In to comment