Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Differentiated instruction is important for students with disabilities to thrive. 

Curriculum delivery and testing should be accomodated to meet the needs of these students. 

Differentiated instruction is an opportunity to meet the student where they are at with their learning to support their successes and achievement.  UDL is a type of differentiated instruction that does not single out students with disabilities, but can actually support all learners in the classroom.

I have learned in this class, that there are way less things which are not reasonable in terms of accommodations than are ! I liked the Roosevelt quote about the  quality of individual ability never existing but that equality of opportunity still must be sought.

I've learned how to distinguish between an accomodation and a modification

I learned that accommodations should be reasonable and the curriculum should not be watered down. I learned that UDL is divided into 3 parts, the what, the how, the why of learning. 

Comment on Samanthessa Jacob's post:

This module has delivered some amazing information to utilize in the classroom regarding so many of our students with multiple aspects of disabilities. I believe the most interesting thing I learned is the UDL, which approaches learning to all in a general format to deliver equal learning to all. Therefore, any student if disability or not has the chance to receive what is needed to help achieve their educational goal.

I learn there is a right and wrong way to give accommodations to students 

Sign In to comment