Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Soft Skills for Instructors | Origin: ED115

This is a general discussion forum for the following learning topic:

Soft Skills for Instructors

Post what you've learned about this topic and how you intend to apply it. Feel free to post questions and comments too.

Soft skills are more important than hard skills

I have learnt that people skills are more important than hard skills. 

Sometimes we don't associate common sense with being a skill at all...for many, it just comes naturally. But, working with high school kids, I can see why it's important to emphasize using common sense. 

I LEARNED HOW SOFT SKILLS CAN AFFECT YOUR SUCCESS ON THE JOB MORE THAN TECHNICAL SKILLS.

In dealing with students in a classroom soft skills are even more important than some hard skills because we are human.

• Leadership. Regardless of the age level of your students, it's important for you to possess leadership skills that help you work effectively with and garner respect from students, parents, school management, and the community. ...
  • Communication. ...
  • Teamwork. ...
  • Problem Solving. ...
  • Social and Emotional Intelligence. ...
  • Cultural Competence.

Soft Skills, when applied correctly, contribute to a positive work environment

Softskills are always the most important skills!

The most important of all skills are soft skills period.

Common sense is not as common as we think.   People are not born with soft skills-they must be learned

Common Sense is very Ucommon.  You have to learn from not only your own mistakes but the mistakes and successes of others to develop Common Sense.

Soft skills are necessary in all professional settings. 

I learned that soft skills = people skills plus workplace behaviors and that soft skills are more significant than technical skills.

People Skills, Workplace Behavior and Common Sense.

Earning the respect of others is also essential.

earning respect of other is important 

Soft skills is the key.

Which soft skill is most important.  Glad to know all these years of teaching. 

Soft skills are important.

Common Sense!!!!

Sign In to comment