Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

It's crucial that students learn the soft skills in team work and presentations.  In teamwork, instructors should listen to and be aware of what's happening in groups.  If an argument arises, an instructor may want to step in and give reminders of how to positively conduct themselves, but allow students to in the end solve problem themselves.  Presentations may cause anxiety in many students, but thesse problems can be managed and overcome when the teacher encourages notetaking ahead of time, practice, and preparation.

There are many parts of communication that involve much more than just talking!

I am adding more group discussion, trying to incorporate all learning styles, etc. 

Our students need to communicate effectively to ensure that their patients are able to understand and follow treatment plans.

Interpersonal interaction skills revolve around the ability of the teacher to provide certain core conditions which are essential in creating a positive educational setting.

assessing group work is definately an area that i struggle with so all students are sharing in the work load.

Group learning is very instrumental in developing creativity for students in the classroom. It helps energize each learner in their own capacity.

Teaching each student to be group oreinted is very importatnt as they will have to demonstrate team ship while on the job. 

Encouraging teamwork and effective communication will help students as they progress in their professional lives.

People have different learning styles. Teachers can help students become proficient in writing, presenting and team work by providing a dynamic learning environment with opportunities to work on each.

I have encouraged group interaction via SBAR report to one another, role playing, and group projects 

I give students opportunity to work as a team and emphasize on the importance of each person’s contribution in the group.

Communication is extremely important when preparing students for the work force and real world. I believe that these basic skills are becoming scarce as many individuals rely on technology for their main source of communication. Group projects, interactive activities, and student presentations are a great way to teach students communication skills. 

We ask student to hand write and load into the edverum course each members involvement. We are personally assigning all groups, so students learn to work with new people. 

For our Milestone Project I divide the class into three groups that each have to produce a song from scratch using their creativity and the tools at hand. This remains a group endeavor throughout the composition and recording stages, but becomes a more individualized process when it comes to editing, mixing and mastering the music. After being exposed to ED205, I think I will restructure the latter processes such that each student must make periodic presentations to the Record Company (me) and also to update the rest of the class on their progress, asking for input and suggestions.

I already have each student submit their mix to a student, picked randomly, from one of the other groups to have their work Mastered. I have them approach it on a client/ vendor basis. Then we meet as a class to grade each student's mix in a peer group fashion. In addition to this, I also have each "client" address the mastering job that their "vendor" has submitted and proclaim whether their Mastering Engineer should get paid for their work or whether it goes back for a revision, and why that would be.

I'd also be open to any suggestions here for ways to make this whole process more interactive among the students.

Teamwork is important and should be practiced. Yet to support the premise that all members' work is relevant. Therefore, grades will be grouped and individualized.

I can help students become more comfortable with public speaking by assigning group assignments, which will also allow them to incorporate teamwork into the experience. Collabortating with peers in the classroom will help the students learn important communication skills which will help them in their professional lives.

teaching how to apply verbal and non verbal cues and working together as a team is necessary for working in a career post graduation and these skills can be picked up during class and taught during class projects and how I as a teacher conducts myself with fellow teachers and students

It is vital for me as an instructor to not only model great communication and body language, but to also empower our students to demonstrate the same behaviors. Body language is just as crucial to success as is great communication. 

Skills such as teamwork, public speaking, and group interaction are crucial in the workforce, and are skills that students can learn at a young age. 

Sign In to comment