Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

I noted the difference between tactile and kinesthetic learning, which is not something I was previously aware of. I can incorporate more activities that better address the differentiation. 

Nonverbal communication is so important.  Group work is also strongly encouraged so students will learn teamwork.

Students need to be aware of how they come across in 1:1 interactions and groups.  Being an active listeners, not interrupting, learning to work cooperatively in a groups, all help make a person a success in the work place,

I will try to encourage and assign students to present material or concepts to the rest of the class in order to refine public speaking skills. 

Significantly important in an iPhone era to encourage communication between people and  engage in communication-boosting activities to help students  build interpersonal effective interactions with others

I have students participating in group work frequently. The groups will present their findings, which helps them to process the concepts so that the information sticks. It also helps them to practice their verbal and non-verbal communication.

As the saying goes, "Team work makes the DREAM work!". Teamwork and working in collaboration with others promotes cohesiveness. It's important to value both the team and the individual in these cases as well.

The value of letting students practice teamwork. Students seem to hate being paired with strangers to complete an assignment, but it is important they overcome this hatred and realize the more they practice the skill, the easier it will become, and that, avoidance of these situations is virtually impossible. 

Working in a group or team setting teaches students how to communicate and work well in teams. This will enhance their skillsets to do so in a corporate setting in their career field. In the classroom divide the group work up into parts and as a whole and develop a grading system to hold not only the group but the group participants accountable. This also works on the student's soft skills. 

I knew  they're are multiple ways of learning, but didn't know they were broken down into 4 methods of learning: visual, auditory tactile and kinesthetic. I need to recognize these different methods of learning. but also inform my students of these as well. Hopefully, during the explanation of the Final Assessment project and importance of handling in assignments on time, I can stress to my students the value of learning this.

Communication comes in many forms, including non-verbal.  

Working in groups and producing a product or plan with others creates opportunities for students to practice important life skills. 

The importance of recognizing and accommodating different learning styles among students is an effective way to connect and communicate with students. I recommend explaining learning styles, identify learning styles, adapt instruction, and foster collaboration. Creating a more inclusive and effective learning environment where all students can reach their full potential. 

Sign In to comment