Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Important Soft Skills

I believe the most important soft skill is being the proprer "fit" meaning you have to have great social skill. You can possess all the wonderful technical skill. However, if you are not a good "fit" jobs will sometimes fire you

Teamwork, i beliieve is the most important soft skill it take all to bring it together , and caring is a big one

Michael,
We also need everyone to want to be a part of the team. If one person is not then the team will not be team.
Philip Campbell

Dependability. You have to be able to depend on your coworkers. If someone is not pulling their far share, it can lead to significant issues and poor attitudes.

I think Teamwork is extremely important but hard to accomplish in some workplaces. Dependability may be the key if the workplace is small with few employees, however in a larger workplace Teamwork is the soft skill for success. People helping others even when the other person isn't at work.

I think team work and dependabilty as well as attention to detail are all very important to be effective instructors.

Students learn by eample, and if the instructor exhibits these traits it is my opinion the students will strive to do the same.

In our facility it is mandatory that we are team players as well as dependability

I think it is common sense, but believe that common sense includes knowing that you need to be a good team player & dependable as well. I think this answer is probably different for each business.

Colleen,
working as a team helps improves morale as well.
Philip Campbell

Denise,
Team work helps all teams to be more reliable and effective.
Philip Campbell

Teamwork and integrity. We ask a lot of our students and we need to show an unbiased supportive team to help the succeed

Communication with others. understanding that we may do things differently and thats ok as long as the student is getting the besr result

There are many soft skills that enhance our working environment. Being dependable, a problem solver and an expert at conflict resolution. It is imperative to be perceptive knowing how to read people and react accordingly. Having integrity and acting respectfully with our students teaches them to do the same.

It is difficult to choose which of the soft skills are most or more important in any workplace as workplaces have different objectives and requirements necessary for success. I do believe one should be caring, sincere, and dependable, have a positive attitude and be respectful of others with an awareness of cultural differences. Possessing these qualities will allow for honest and optimistic communications while working as a team along with contributing to positive relationships and maintaining integrity within the workplace.

Roger,
It is always important to have good communication.
Philip Campbell

Integrity is the basis of all other related soft skills. Without integrity, it doesn't matter because you lose the support of workplace team members. A close following then becomes dependability - the ability to do what you promise/say you will. People who display integrity and dependability win the "hearts and minds" of those they work with.

having common sense and working patiently side by side with the students

In reading over the responses it seems that team work is the most valued. I agree it should be highly placed, but for me you team must know your core values to fit with the "team"
It is possable your core and sense of integrety do not fit the team you are on and revaluation and re assigement might be nec3essary to alow that "good fit" we look for in leadership to sharing you commitment to view your integrety weather it is a good fit or not lets the team know were you stand but most important is your students know you are there for them and will stand by them in times of conflict and sucess.

I think the most important soft skill is communication. So many times, a lack of communication creates chaos, confusion, misperception of a conversation, etc. Effective communication tends to cut down on workplace drama.

Communication is most important as it can cut down on workplace drama and there are many times when effective communication debunks misconceptions.

Sign In to comment