Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

This module was both eye opening and confirming as to my style of guide instruction.  I am always looking for ways to improve in all aspects of life. This was a succinct presentation and I did appreciate learning about the other styles.  I also worry about the apathetic, perhaps due to some stories I have heard about folks like that.  Reach out to them and help them do better IF you can. 

I felt this was a great lesson on classroom management. I will use these tools and continue forward with my journey in the classroom. 

-I've learned that CLASSROOM MANAGEMENT is the #1 most influential aspect in student learning.

-I've learned how important it is to always strive to be consistent, to always focus on the positive and praise students publicly. 

-I've learned to be flexible, be prepared, be consistent, to be able to anticipate situations and conditions, to bring out the best in the class, know limits, and to be sure to reflect.

I have learned the different management styles and what my take away from this class is that my class management style is a Guide style. I would love to grow on that and educate myself to be better.  

I loved this module as I was able to make correlations in  the workplace that go beyond the teaching field. I could recall examples of the different "type of teachers" in colleagues and supervisors from other industries and see how effective they were in their field.

very informative 

I have learned much, and this module captured my attention regarding the 4 different classroom management style. I will say which ones, I recognized, but change in view.  

This is very insightful. I hope to work on my style to become a guide in the classroom.

This module gave great tips on identifying one's teaching style and helped me find ways to adapt my teaching style to a guided approach if it's not my most used style. I liked learning that having more than one teaching approach is normal because I use the controller and guide interchangeably. Truly, it depends on the content I'm teaching and which approach I use most. In lab settings, I would say that I use the controller approach first to set the standards, then move to a guided approach. 

I learned the types of classroom management

Classroom management refers to the wide variety of skills and techniques that teachers use to keep students organized, orderly, focused, attentive, on task, and academically productive during a class. Effective classroom management strategies minimize behaviors that impede learning while maximizing those that facilitate or enhance learning

I have learned the difference in myself and my teams teaching managements styles, though they are different in style, we make it work for our students.

Custodio Gonzalez

Very informative and concise. I have been an instructor for close to 20 years and always find something new to learn or something to clarified, and for that reason I always appreciate these trainings. Keep it up.

I have learned that my classroom management style is a guide. Not only do I set my expectations in the beginning and remind students throughout the term, but I also build a rapport with my students. Building a rapport lets students know that instructors are interested in their students individually.

I think I already use the "guide" style.  It's the perfect teaching strategy with adults. I can still teach them, guide them along the way and maintain a pleasant, friendly atmosphere in my classroom.  

I plan to be a Guide in the classroom and this course has shown me the importance of setting expectations, providing specific feedback, and modeling the behaviors I want to see reflected by my students. 

Sign In to comment