Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Ive learned technquies and resouces that allow me to handle crisis better for myself and others,

I have learned some of the warning signs of people in a crisis state of mind.  This vauable information can be used to identify potential crisis situations in the classroom and as an administrator overseeing a critical situation.  The information is important for knowing how best to respond in a critical situation.

It is important to use the strategies to control crises. Crisis management works!

I appreciate the simple advice to just sit with someone, be calm, slow your breathing, and talk slowly and calmly. How simple and yet, like they said, it is contagious.

I have students that have a long time to pick up on how to wire I try to give them as much of mine tim to get it 

Knowing what resources are available to you is important.

It is very important to know your community and the resources available in the event of a crisis effecting yourself or the others around you.   

Knowing the warning signs of crisis and plan of action is very important.

It is important to recognize what kind of crisis the person is going through.

Getting help from the right expert is very important.

I've learned some causes for crisis. I've learned some effects of dealing with crisis and how to help yourself and others deal with crisis.

I learned people need to practice resiliency. 

Reach out and offer support to a person in crisis, and do what you can to help. But always contact a professional if you feel as though you are not able to handle yours or another person's crisis. 

Very helpful information in dealing with a crises situations. I feel like its not a matter of if it will happen with someone but when.

Staying calm is the key.  Just be an active listener.  No advice.  

I've learned about different crisis reaction and self-care strategies. I plan to apply this by being more empathetic and promoting self-care during challenging times. 

To maintain eye contact with a person going through a crisis and remain calm, they will always meet you at your level of calmness

I have learned there are many different ways people can respond when they are in crisis and how to stay calm and support them. 

I learned there are multiple resources to help during need within a crisis within my community like 211. 

What I learned from crisis management is that everyone is different. You need to be able to pick out the quiet ones from the angry ones. No matter what the situation is, you have to be calm and be understanding. 

A lot of the times there are students who just want to vent and you should let them. Not interfere what they are saying and not even give advice. Students need to be able to trust you and you have to be able to trust them. 

Sign In to comment