Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

There are help available for students as well as staff in times of need. Whether crisis or students need for dental and health insurance. We should be able to be of help to people around us and be there for them.

With this course, I learned that there is no wrong way or step to encounter a crisis. Reaching out to the individual about the crisis, and more of case management and how to find community resources for the crisis.

Crisis can happen at any moment.  One must be aware that we may be called on or have to attend a crisis situation.  Each Situation is handled differently.  

I feel this course has explained some of the reactions an individual may have in a crisis as well as some ways to manage these reactions within myself and in others. 

I found the section of this module on dealing with crisis management in others to be the most applicable. I found that the information was helpful and even gained a feeling of calm while working through the content. We must remind ourselves that everyone has something going on at some point. We don't always need to have an opinion on the situation. We can lend a listening ear or shoulder of support. I loved the recommendation of keeping a calm voice and simply following up. Those two things have a huge impact. Following up with someone shows a commitment and personal investment in their well-being. 

I appreciated the reminder that you don't have to do everything perfectly when showing up to support someone in crisis. All you have to do is listen carefully and seek to understand where they are at and what they need. You also don't have to fix their crisis. 

Comment on Angela Zaugg's post: I agree with you. 

Sign In to comment