Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

This is the first time I’ve heard that technique mentioned in my forums. But I think it’s a good one if it’s working well for you. What I like about it is that you are doing something productive while reducing stress.

I will start practicing some of the healthy coping methods and stay away from the unhealthy ones. We'll see how it works.

Well one of the things I do is take a ride on my motorcycle, After this lesson I have found out that there other things i could do to benefit my health and well being, Ride a bicycle, take a walk ETC. This section has really got me thinking now.

Glad to hear it Kenny! If the motorcycle works for you, stick with it. But it’s good to know there are lots of other options out there as well if you’re looking for something new.

A really good meal always helps me cope with stress. Heathly diet helps eas the mind of its overload of stress in a working enviroment.

Great point Mark. Healthy food can have a big impact on your state of mind.

Just realizing that they are there and getting started on the list to priority will be the biggest help.The big question is,will I do it?

One thing I have not seen mentioned is that a person who has some sort of religious expression often deals better with stress than one who does not.

Interesting point Dale. I have not see this either in the forums. But it's certainly a way to deal with stress.

The stressors I have cannot be eliminated or reduced. Acceptance, patience, deep breaths, and hugs are the ways I cope.

YOGA AND LISTEN TO THE MUSIC

I am going to start jogging.

Great idea Scott. Jogging is a great way to cope with stress, and has other benefits too.

I see that the breathing and stretching exercise will be helpful for me with the stress that I cannot eliminate or reduce when I cannot get away to exercise. Also, I will schedule at least 10 minutes of exercise a day, probably when watching the news.

Multitasking to reduce stress can actually work great. I know a lot of faculty members who exercise while they watch TV.

I will make more time for me. I need to stop taking other peoples stresses to heart and move on. I have started reading again and it helps.

Putting stressors, especially ones we cannot eliminate, into perspective helps me to accept certain stressors. However, this process also allows me to realize other stressors that I though I had to accept, actually could be eliminated if I did things differently. For instance, the example of the Nursing Instructor who cannot e-mail. If the Instructor takes a class and masters the art of e-mail, then the stress is eliminated as he/she has improved their competency in that arena.

How can I deal with stressors that cannot be eliminated . . . realize that they are either not that important or are out of my control.

I will be watching my caffeine intake which should also help with getting better quality sleep. And taking regular walks, to go along with the exercise I get from yardwork. The section on breathing was interesting - I've noticed that I tend to tense up and hold my breath while studying some really difficult material.

I have been taking very short walks several times a week and I feel better about my stressors.

I think I will try the breathing and stretching exercise and get my class to do it with me - wounder how they will react to it?

Sign In to comment