Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Take deep breathing and stretching breaks after each class before tackling another lesson or my to do list

This is a great strategy Rosita. Many instructors benefit from deep breathing and you can do this anywhere.

Ha! Really love your outlook Carol and what a wonderful saying. So true too. Our problems don't define us. Instead, the way we handle them does.

I constantly travel with family to release burn out and relieve stress. As an old adage goes, "All work and no play makes one a dull person". Taking quality time to spend with family nurtures relationship and boost up feeling of well being.

Great quote Eva and I completely agree. Thanks so much for sharing. It is great to take quality time to spend with family. It's a healthy step in the right direction.

I try to do something for myself that is not work related. I started running and planning to run a marathon. I also play golf which totally takes my mind of all my stressors.

I am a massage therapy instructor. Getting a massage once or twice a month really can help manage stress.

Indeed! Sounds like you are in the right place if you need a massage too Dona.

I find exercise to be the best stress outlet for me. I walk/run the dog a couple miles a day.

I can continue to remind myself that there is no absolute in life. There are only 24 hours in a day and that some of those hours need to be reserved for me and for only me to do whatever I chose to do.

Now that the warm weather is upon us I can take a brief walk outside around our building between classes when the stress is really getting to me. During the cold months I could take a brief walk through the hallways. The potential downfall to this is if the walk becomes a more of hinder to productivity. An example would be if you begin to choose to take the walk instead of getting the more important difficult things done on your to do list (use as a form of procrastination). The real balance act is to manage your time and stress simultaneously without one causing issues for the other. :)

Definately try to eliminate my massive nicotine intake and stick to my promise that I will excercise 3 to 4 times a week. Rather than smoking I am going to make an attempt to walk around the school for a few minutes to take that 1-2 minute breather versus smoking.

Sounds like a great plan Karen and I hope it works. Getting over a nicotine addiction can be tough. For some, the cold turkey method works best. For others, a more graduate approach is the method that works.

The best tools for dealing with stress for me are daily excercise and proper planning and prioritizing my workload.

Every morning before every thing else I do some jogging and stretching at least for a half hour and more, after that I take a hot (not too hot!) and cold shower

Sounds like a nice routine Jean-rene and one that's working for you. It's great to get into healthy routines and keep them up.

I can benefit from more exercise. I will try to find a way to incorporate a 30 minute walk at least three time a week into my schedule. I think this will be an effective way to cope with stressors I cannot eliminate or reduce.

Sounds like a great plan Kevin. Exercise can go a long way in reducing stress. Walking is low impact on the body but high value.

This module was VERY educational. I learned that some of the techniques that I have been using to "manage my stress" were actually healthy!!! I really like the idea of identifying which issues I can eliminate or reduce. Very informative, applicable and helpful module.

I think excersise is a very helpful mechanism. It takes your mind off of the stressor for that moment and you are able release. Many times that is what I think about to motivate myself to go on that walk, what the outcome will be and how much better I will feel.

Sign In to comment