Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Exercise more and just take some time to myself and relax

I could introduce more breathing and exercise techniques to my schedule. I'm sure that would help to reduce some of my stress.

I would love to cut down on coffee!! I de-stress by playing piano. I can really lose myself in a piece and forget about what was stressing me out. After 20-30 minutes of Mozart I'm ready to begin my next task!

Christina-Rose, Indeed it would. The best part about breathing exercises is that you can do them almost anywhere. It's nice to have a coping mechanism always in your back pocket like this.

Dr. Melissa Read

Cynthia, It sounds like you have found a wonderful and healthy approach to coping with stress. I admire how many different coping mechanisms you have available.

Dr. Melissa Read

Excercising is excellent for relieving stress. It gets your entire system going and releasing toxins.

Create a priority list as well as try and incorporate mediation and exercise into my weekly routine.

The orginization of my desk and the computor files to work with my cohort will be the first things we can do to allow for a smooth transition between classes.

If I don't have time to exercise, a few moments to focus on deep breathing and quieting my mind helps.

Michael, Sounds like a wonderful first step! An organized desk and computer can go a long way in helping you feel on top of things.

Dr. Melissa Read

Dawn, That is understandable. Some of us just don't find ourselves in a position to invest much time in ourselves. Doing something small, like breathing or stretching, can still add value.

Dr. Melissa Read

I used stress reducing techniques throughout my 35 years in law enforcement with a fair degree of success. I quit smoking, I ran up to 5 miles per day in my younger years, and switched to a bicycle when running was no longer a wise option, and my daily ride has become my "mental sanctuary" for a period of time each day. The physical positives are not as important as the mental positives I get from "my special time." Along with exercise, I try not to get caught up in the "soap opera" gossip that goes on in the workplace, and I try to be supportive of my administration and fellow-instructors. I believe projecting a positive attitude helps keep my stress level low. I also know I can walk away if the stress ever begins to erode the quality of life I have come to enjoy, and teaching is a big part of it.

I find that retreating and making time for 'me time' - no matter how short of a time it may be - really helps to reduce my stress levels. I carry most of my tension in my neck and shoulders - I practice yoga and try to get regular massages to combat this. Music is also a great relief - I get to tune out while tuning in.

I have been kickboxing for years and recently increased my work out days. It has helped take my mind off of my stressors and I feel mentally stronger also.

I cope by talking to co-worker who have some of the same stress points as me, helps all of us. Also I am a hunter and enjoy that very much and it does make me feel very good.

I will utilize and manage "stressor lists".

My go to stress reduction is calling a friend. I should go work out.

Tiffany, It sounds like you have developed a really healthy approach. That's wonderful to hear. Yes, the 'me time' is great. I'd love to hear more about the kinds of activities you engage in when enjoying 'me time.'

Dr. Melissa Read

Tiffany, It sounds like you have developed a really healthy approach. That's wonderful to hear. Yes, the 'me time' is great. I'd love to hear more about the kinds of activities you engage in when enjoying 'me time.'

Dr. Melissa Read

Definitly more exercise, for all of the short term and long term benefits, and also sharing my stressors with a very level headed friend.

Sign In to comment