Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

I agree 100% that exercising is a great coping mechanism! The only problem that I have with that is finding the time to fit it into my schedule with how much I work. But I know that if I make it a part of my daily routine that I will benefit greatly from it!

Coping with stress I have found that execising is a great stress reliever. This provides me with the elements I need to be successful.

I am going to develop a better eating and exercising routine. This should help me relieve some of the stress that I carry.

I am currently working on scheduling in regular exercise for both better health and to cope with stress. I am also working on setting aside more time each week for personal hobbies.

Angela, Excellent thinking! Now it's about moving forward with that plan. I'm curious to hear more about the exercise that you think will work the best and the hobbies that you most enjoy.

Dr. Melissa Read

I work out and listen to music whenever I'm feeling stressed.

I cope with stress by trying to "not sweat the small stuff", exercise and communication.

I will include health mechanisms. Such as relaxing techniques: breathing, stretching and so forth. The key is how we handle the stress if it cannot be elimiated. Being positive or seeing the bright side of a situation is a good thing to do.

I do the same. Ill walk around the outside of the buildig at break time if it gets to stressful

Stretching, breathing exercises, and meditation help me to relieve stress. Simply finding a quiet place to literally concentrate on nothing for 15 minutes helps me to calmly conquer lifes everyday stresses.

Samuel, Walking outside can be a wonderful retreat, even if it's just for a few minutes. There is something powerful about getting fresh air.

Dr. Melissa Read

Ashley, Sounds like a great approach for you and I like how you can take advantage of both outlets at the same time!

Dr. Melissa Read

Philip, Being able to retreat for even short periods of time can make quite a difference for many of us. I'm glad to hear you are able to find the time and space for getting away.

Dr. Melissa Read

I have found that between sharing and walking I am able to cope with the stress that will never go away.

It helps to know that I'm not alone, and the pavement does not talk back to me or give me attitude.

I think talking to colleagues or people in your life is a great idea. Also, my full time job offers free yoga on Thursdays, which I try to get to as much as possible!

I have learned in this module about healthy coping mechanisms to use in the future when stressed. I will use breathing techniques, exercise, which I love and dancing. These will bring a level of enjoyment that brings about relaxation and living a sress free life.

I totally agree that exercise is something that Ireally need to focus on in order to minimize my stress. My husband was diagnosed with cancer this summer and I have two daughters who need attention. I took a part time teaching position at a new school which probably turned out to be more stressful than if I stayed full time in a place where I taught for 8 years. exercise on a steady basis would certainly hope me to cope better.

Christine, It sounds like you have found two wonderful stress outlets! That's great to hear. Finding a walking partner who you could also share with could be a fun way to combine the two. Keeping them separate also works.

Dr. Melissa Read

work out more and talk to co-workers about issues that they may have as well.

In order to cope with the stressors in my life that cannot be eliminated or reduced, I use a couple different strategies depending on my available time and the circumstance. Taking a walk outside for 15-30 minutes during lunch, chatting with my best friend, or going to the gym before work are all methods I've employed. I found several great "wall stretches" online that are very helpful when I only have a brief couple minutes (or seconds!) at work.

Sign In to comment