Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Security and autonomy relate strongly to motivation. Supportiveness enhances both.

Adult students sometimes need more motivational encouragement than younger Adults due to life experiences.

Securing a safe and accepting environment allows the Adult student be open about their studies.

Autonomy is built within all students to be able to do it their way, but this is the reason they are in school to be educated or trained to do it properly.

The classroom is their security.  Allow the students to ask questions and support them.  

Always making sure your students needs are met and that they feel secure. 

To make sure I'm prepared and to explain things clearly and always be supportive.  Also look for signs that the Student may be disconnected to the class.

If a student is struggling to answer a question, help them out.  Never embarrass a student.  Even if the answer isn't quite right, find a positive in their contribution to the discussion.

I feel more confident in conducting my classes

Students feel more secure and confident when the instructor motivates them. Giving positive feedback and encouragement helps students to excel in their learning.

Security and Motivation are important features in maintaining student retention. 

Sign In to comment