Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

This is great info, I believe our faculty are motivated intrinsicly.  I find satisfaction seeing my students succeed.

I have learned that by reminding students of their purpose, it will help to motivate them.

I learned that I need to dig deeper and find the intrinsic motivation of my students. I think that this will help them with understand how what they are doing in our classroom or at the clinical sights actually matters. 

Motivation is the key for the students also the instructors. 

I've learned that with motivating other we need Autonomy, mastery and purpose is key. 

I think this has been one of the most meaningful topics for me.  Motivating others is a powerful way to increase productivity in students and employees.  Providing autonomy creates an opportunity for a sense of ownership as long as there is a directive that states a general end goal.  Giving individuals tasks that they can do with confidence, but with some challenge, provides the opportunity for intrinsic motivation through mastery.  Having an intimate connection between what the student or employee is doing and knowing how it matters provides purpose in meaning which can create an inner drive and contribute to a highly motivated team.

I have learned to continue to motivate our students with the concept in mind, that we are serving Human Beings when we are done with school. 

When people are intrinsically motivated, providing extrinsic motivators have a negative effect.

Leaders must tap into the "why" behind initiatives and help teachers keep this focus at the forefront of their practice. 

Personal motivation is more effective than external motivational factors.

To teach one most understand the importance of a student's extrinsic and intrinsic motivation to ultimately reach a student's goal.

I've learned that as an educator, you are most than just an educator but also a motivator. We should also analyze our students if they are more intrinsically motivated or extrinsically motivated, therefore, we can use that fact to an advantage on how to better motivate our students in achieving their end goal. I also believe that we serve as a motivational backbone to our students, if we show them that we believe they can reach their goal, so will they.

The key point I learned is that I have to be motivated as an instructor and should be curious as well as willing to learn new things in order to be a great motivator for students. In addition, its very important for me to focus on the intrinsic and extrinsic motivational factors. 

To motivate students make sure to have a supportive environment for the students for intrinsic motivation. 

Comment on Tamar Silverstein's post

Students learn from rationales that are given to them in their feedback.  Encourage the student to research their incorrect information.      

It was interesting to learn that driving intrinsic motivation is often overlooked by companies as a means of improving productivity and building teams.  I plan to remind my students about their achievements (showing them the pathway to mastery), thereby also giving them a sense of purpose and how their career will impact others.   Also, giving them choices and opportunities to have ownership over their education.

I have learned that in the education field instrinsic motivation has to be present in order to get the job done with success. There are not many extrinsic motivators for teachers, so the internal has to be present. You have to love what you do and what you are teaching and hope your excitement will be contagious and carry over to the class. You have to find joy in seeing your students go into the real world and be successful and realize they are successful because of you. You were their first stop to success!

I have learned that to learn requires motivation and a feeling of autonomy.  Letting our students know the vision of the course or the subject matter and giving them assignments to reinforce the content while giving them autonomy to finish them.

I have learned how to encourage others through extrinsic and intrinsic motivations. To use these skills to help motivate my students better and myself.

It is essential to understand the intrinsic and extrinsic motivation of students and faculty. 

Sign In to comment