Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

I really love. the break down of analitical ana critical thinking skills. We often use these as our learning goals, but do students truly understand what they mean. I will defenitely make some warm up activities with all the elements provided in this Module.

Active learning keeps the attention of the student and helps make connections with the content.

It is hard to come up with new strategies every week that can help with active learning so I really enjoted this!

I have been incorporating active learning strategies with lecture. I will continue to learn different strategies to promote active learning for my students. 

Active learnig is more prodcutive, more engaaging 

You need to develop a plan that keeps the student actively engaged and uses both forms of thinking. 

I have learned that you must engage your students into learning and make sure learning adds up. Meaning, engaging students into using critical thinking as well as analytical thinking.

The differences between analytical and critical thinking are a bit confusing.

Wow...truly understanding the different thinking processes.

Active learning helps with information and attention retention. 

Doris Owens

I will implement more learning activities to help engage more student participation.

I love active learning in the classroom.

Analytical and critical thinking are prompted when an instructor properly prepares to teach the learning objective.

Active learning keeps students engaged in the lesson. Welding in the lab is much more exciting that listening to an instructor.

When engaging students in an active learning experience, it is important that the instructor is clear on what is expected from students.  The planning of active learning activity should include:

Who, Actions, Activities, Resources, Time, and Productivity components. 

Comment on John Armstrong's post: Absolutely John. This class definitely provided me all tools and tips that I need to implement active learning.

Active learning is a solid approach to teaching.  Students retain more when actively using and manipulating information. Having taught culinary classes for over a decade it is apparent during their lab practicals when they are flying solo that they gain a lot of knowledge from doing so.

Critical thinking is one of the best tools we can use when teaching. 

Active learning is a way to keep students engaged and motivated. 

Active learning is the better approach to learning. It reinforces what the student know because they can put the knowledge into practice. Active learning allows for critical thinking and its absolutely essential to becoming a Nurse. 

Sign In to comment