Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Reply to Georgiana Bougher's post: active learning keeps the students interest and involvement in the learning activity

I am more mindful that I am to prepare my students when learning to be crtictica/analytical thinkers. to be able to diagnose , evaluate, priotiize  and do stategegic planning and much more in the classroom and clinical  setting. This has expaned my teaching knowledge

The more active learning provided in course content, the greater the results the students will retain the information and actually learn the content, and be able to apply it for the future opportunities.

Learning is an active process, the learner must be involved mentally, physically, emotionally, socailly, and maybe even spiritually.

And long after class is over, students must continue to reflect/think about the topic/concept and apply them in multiple facets of their life.

Keeping students engaged is a big challenge.

There are many methods that we can implement for active learning. Active learning is beneficial  to all learners and is student centered.

I like that the example of "debates" were used. This could also be reformatted to be in a game-show type presentation. 

I really enjoyed learning the six components in a comprehensive model of active learning. As I clicked thru each of the icons, I found myself setting up a lesson in my mind and implementing each of them. Perhaps the most challenging aspect will be "time." Knowing exactly how much time to allow might require a couple dry runs to really deliver the most effective lesson. Thank you for all of the excellent tips!

There are multiple ways to engage students in active learning. 

I will use active learning will mu students. This method encourages students to engage in their learning by thinking, discussing, investigating, and creating.

I am happy to see that this is part of this certification. 

my lectures have lots of info but it is all in the delivery and how to get students to actively learn this material. So I am looking forward to what lies ahead in this module. I am appreciative of all of this information that will help me be a better instructor.

I appreciated the focus on exercises and examples to foster active learning strategies. 

Active learning is a great approach to engage students

Active learning will keep the interest of student longer and they will be less likely to disengage.

Active learning is significant to student success

This opened my eyes to additional "active learning activities" that I previously overlooked- I often use simulation, role play, and critical thinking case studies- I like the idea of debates!

Active learning can be very beneficial in helping the student understand goal & objects that must be met during the learning process.

It is important to be prepared in the classroom.

Communication is key.  For students to be successful, we as faculty must give clear instuctions on what is require of them.  I plan to use many tools in my class to promote Active Learning.

Active learning will help PTA students to develop critical decision making habits.  Taking information and applying it to their patients.

Sign In to comment