Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

I have seen an increased interest in my students after flipping the classroom.  Less lecture time, more hands on activities provided the right balance in our classroom.  

The use of technology in the classroom if I have a hard time with the technology usually a student can help which makes them more active in the classroom.

Students need choices. It allows them to feel autonomous. And there should be positive outcomes for preferred behavior. 

I use technology in my classroom but I am also a Net Generation instructor. I had never heard that term but I have heard the term Baby Boomer. 

I like the idea of having a flipped classroom. It allows more time for classroom or group discussions.

Always looking for new and exiting activities to utilize in the classroom. Really enjoyed reading the other comments and the material in this section. 

I liked the flipped classroom.  I hope to allow more choices for students to complete activities by themselves or by a group.

New generations need new methods, however syllibi cannot always accomodate. 

I have been making videos for my drawing class for a while now and the students love it. They can get help from me personally or just watch the videos latter at home or whatever.

Allowing students to have a voice in the classroom, knowing that is they make a mistake now , the same mistake will not be repeated in their career position of choice.

I have used a flipped model a few times, and it was effective. I would like to plan for more of these lessons. I agree that it is definitely a different way of learning with all the technology the kids now have.

Incorporating other resources that will gather the student's attention and ability to remember the lesson like will of fortune and kahoot. 

Formative assessment and feedback help students progress.

I have learned that I need to shift my focus a bit to "what do students need to know to become self-driven in the workplace?" rather than "let's learn these objectives and take a test." Shifting that paradigm will help me ensure my lectures are relevant and remembered after students complete my class(es).

I am incorporating Kahoot in my classes this upcoming term. They seem to love this activity that has been used in other instructors' classes.

Adjust and recreate your teaching based on your students to help create a more effective learning environment. 

I had never heard the term Net Generation.  While I am in that generation, I feel like I didn't really have technology through my whole education until I was really in high school.  Even then, it was just computers.

Using technology allows us to view tasks that would normally have to be hands on taking up time and space.  it allows for remote teaching with guidance. This is allowing me to help a student who has had to work full time for his family.  He is able to finish the class remotely.

I learned of the flipped classroom approach, where students are expected to do their learning outside of the classroom and bring in that knowledge prepared to class. 

I appreciate the instruction and guidance that provision of both choices and clearly explained consequences will help garner optimal students' goal-directed decisions. While supportive guidance and empathy are integral in every teaching environment, ownership and self-motivated remain as important for the most successful learning experience.

Comment on Julie Gladstein's post: *self-motivation

Sign In to comment