Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

It was very interesting learning about the Net Generation and how using technology can enhance their learning.  Video taping lecture and using class time to emphasize key points in the lecture material is a good idea.

Students’ learning styles and preferences are impacted by the period in which they grew up. Net Generation students differ from Baby Boomers and Generation X students in a number of ways. These differences require teachers to consider ways to effectively reach these new learners.

Video taping lecture and using class time to emphasize key points in the lecture material is a good idea, teachers need to consider ways to effectively reach these new learners and embrase new techniques

This section was very helpful in discovering many ways to get students engaged actively in learning.

I practice flipped classroooms all the time as it fits the organic intellectuaty of my students. The students also appreciate personalized tasks based on their interests that require technology.

I have started using different learning tech to use with my students. I try using virtal videos or pictures of real life sugeries or injuries wounds etc. Just so the students can see what it really looks like. 

Bringing new technology into the classroom is always a good way to reach students with different learning technique

Technolgy is the way of the world today. The flipped classrom model was very helpful to engaging student to be successful in their learning.

Gola-directed behavior is a good process where the students are in control of their own academic progress. 

I believe in giveing students a variety of choices in how to accomplish assignments.  As it was stated, individual or as a group, it gives the student full atonomy of how an assignment or presentation is presented.

Teachers who clearly establish expectations and craft consequences, both positive and negative, relative to those expectations are facilitating a learning environment in which students are more likely to choose the behaviors sought from them. Students need to know the positive outcomes of preferred behaviors as well as the less desirable outcomes of not meeting expectations. Students need to be held accountable for their choices.

Technology teaching is very useful for students to learn more. I do more hands on so using camera will be challenging to certain ways to do a prodedure for state certification.

Modern day students are less likely to prefer receiving content and information from instructor than on their own. Provide student with avenues to research and answer tasks.

I ha agree began to utilize Kahoot and haircutting videos to help my students

Allowing students to make mistakes is beneficial while gently correcting and guiding.

Les Berkheiser Help with students.

Effective engagement, Net Gen is new to me, but I do understand why flipping classwork is beneficial.

Net Generation is a new term for me. I really didn't even know they had assigned a name to students born after 1980. These students are most certainly surrounding by technology at all times. We as instructors have to learn to adapt to teach them. They are so hyper-focused on things that have screens I think we have to lots of time in our shops with equipment they can use and get them from behind the screen.

I have been using the flipped classroom for a year.  Keeping students responsible for content learning before class is difficult.  

I learned that allowing students to identify how they will be graded increases their likelihood of self motivation. I will implement this whee able.

Having students prepare before class is not new and should be expected. Webquests would be a great way to have students prepare and stay involved.

Sign In to comment