Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

I will use this to create a structured lesson plan and keep my students engaged during the lecture

I've learned that the eyes and facial expressions play a large part in capturing your students.  Unfortunately we are in an era of mask and in our technical school eye protection.   This limits my ability for facial gestures and must be replaced with body language.

You must know your audience and keep them engaged, by knowing your material, pace yourself as you deliver and  move around your class .

Floating engages the students, making eye contact help them understand that they are a part of the team, pausing in between questions gives the students time to jump in and be involved in the group discussion.

In this lesson, I have learned how to engage my students in the classroom more. Key things such as moving around/floating in the classroom to redirect and get their attention, pausing for 3-5 seconds to let the brain think. I plan on smiling, and using nonverbal cues more to provide a learning environment for the students.

I like the concept of pacing yourself while lecturing. Using the 3-5 seconds to give you, as the instructor time to think as well as it gives the students time to process what was said and formulate questions in their mind. 

It is important to be aware of your facial expressions and the tone of your voice.

I learned from this module to pay attention to my body language and start to identify areas that I could improve in my class presentation.

Verbal and non verbal communication is going to be crucial when in the classroom.  Make sure you arent projecting any annoying or distracting mannerisms.  Be honest with your weaknesses and try to improve.

Communication is going to be one of the keys of being successful in the classroom.  It could be verbal and non verbal with the use of gestures and eye contact.  

To maintain students attention I need to keep eye contact, move around the classroom with out excessive pacing.

Few things that I will most likely apply in my class is touse different voice intonation during lecture and to navigate or move around the classroom.

Enlightening

This course is a good refresher for experienced instructors but some information is tends to not provide new knowledge. If you are an experienced instructor, then why is there not a more advanced course?

Not over-stating the points is a pretty good one that I picked up on. Sometimes pausing between responses is also a good key indicator to the on your interest level towards them. Instead of just brushing it off when they have a question, really take a moment to come up with a way they can apply it to everyday life.

Thanks!

Verbal and nonverbal communication is key to being an effective instructor.  

Very helpful information has been shared thus far. 

I grabbed a lot of information on this lesson. Specially the eye contact session. That explaines me well as the socity ehich I brouht up made an empact the we are not alloed to look in to eye in our elders,. This helps how to overcome.

I have a bad habit of hiding at the lecturn so...that's my new goal.  I'll "float"

Organization is key when cultivating the road map for effectively teaching material to students. Assessments and repetition are instrumental for solidifying retention. Eye contact, movement and proper speaking techniques help to keep students engaged throughout the class. 

Sign In to comment