Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

I learned a couple of techniques that I can incorporate as it relate to teaching via online. 

The effectiveness and benefit for the pause!  I will have to admit that I get a bit twitchy when the classroom is quiet.  I tend to feel that learning is not occurring unless I or the students are busy talking.  After this module, I will be certain to engage "the pause."

In this module, I have learned to present information in specific and manageable portions that students can internalize. Also, starting each class by discussing the previous class topic and how this relates the the new topic or information that will be discussed today. 

Use eye contact, video tape yourself for evaluation.

That instructors should step away from their desk and move around the room the hold the students attention. 

I learned about keeping my students engaged, and minimizing distractions. Also, "floating" about the room as I lecture is a wonderful way to keep the students engaged with you and content. The instructor must speak clearly, smile, maintain eye contact with each student, and learn about the different cultures that find direct eye contact offensive and be sensitive to it.

Sign In to comment