Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Organization is key to keeping your classes on track

I enjoyed the lesson plan organization section and its importance for following up or referring to learning objectives previously covered. I will use the binder idea for a new delivery I will pilot this Fall. 

Flexibility is key in adapting your lesson plans to incorporate current information. Stay curious, open to learning, and proactive in seeking out new knowledge to ensure your lessons remain dynamic, engaging, and up to date.

I need lesson plans to help me stay organized and on schedule with course content. It helps to ensure that the learning objectives are aligned with the other classes as well. It also keeps me prepared for the unexpected. 

Provide students a why on the subjects they are learning.  

Organization is key.  I struggle with keeping my plans and ideas organized because I jot them down in so many different places!

remain relevant

I learned that lesson plans are the foundation of a good course.  That organization is key in developing lesson plans and that printing them out and keeping them in a folder is the best way to keep them.

I enjoyed the reminder to stay organized and to keep documenting lesson plans - even if we have years of teaching experience.

I started using spiral notebooks to writing down my lesson plans and reflection/next steps. 

On one page, I write the date and outline for the lesson plan. On the opposite page, I note what was covered - how the lesson unfolded, any key things to keep in mind, and then list next steps (either for next class, for a follow up assignment, or what needs to be introduced, reinforced, interacted with, etc.) I sometimes note if a particular student seemed to wrestle with content or if feedback from students was interactive. I might even write down discussion questions that were effective or not effective. 

This journal really are in handy when I had to miss school for a week for something the university needed. The week was busy and wen I returned to classes the following week, I opened the journals for each class and knew excel where I left off, which I am not sure would have happened if I had to solely relay on memory. 

thanks 

YP 

Comment on Francisco Gonzalez's post: I agree and the reminder was helpful 

It's important to have back up plans just in case the course work is understood by all students and finish ahead of time. that way you can ensure that the students will not be bored. while waiting for the next block of instructions having your lesson plan structured is always a good approach to learning. 

As someone who has generally been part of a small section, some times I'm the only one, it can be hard to plan because I'm always in the execution mode and don't have time to plan...and I love to plan. But, in teaching you have to plan...especially if someone has to teach your class. There must be something for that person to use.

I learned to always stay organized, stay updated, and document all lesson plans. This will help to be available to keep your lesson on track and to also be available for evaluators.

How to stay organized and organize your lesson plans.

Kids need structure.  Same can be said for adult students.  Structured lesson plans help with the structure all need.

Lesson plans can help keep you on track as an instructor and also serve as an organizational tool for the entire course. These lesson plans can be treated as fluid documents and can change accordingly. 

Organized lesson plans are useful in teacher evaluation, course betterment, and student teaching.

Have a lesson plan, stay consistent with your content.

Using Lesson Plans templates is a way for developing the class effectively. 

Developing a plan and being able to be flexible with the plan is important for instruction. Being prepared only enhances the learning experience for students. 

Sign In to comment