Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Leadership Styles | Origin: LS102R

This is a general discussion forum for the following learning topic:

How Do You Lead? --> Leadership Styles

Post what you've learned about this topic and how you intend to apply it. Feel free to post questions and comments too.

By getting to know your team and audience. 

It is important to have an awareness of your primary leadership style, while also knowing the strengths and potential challenges of that style. Depending on the situation, there can also become instances in which you need to adjust your leadership style, so knowing when to pivot as a leader is also valuable.

This module helped me understand that different leadership styles can be effective depending on the situation and the needs of the team. I identified most strongly with the authoritative style because I like to establish a clear vision while giving people the freedom to use their talents and creativity. I plan to apply this knowledge by adapting my leadership style when necessary, listening to my team, supporting their development, and balancing high standards with clear guidance and encouragement.

The primary issue with leadership that I have is self imposed and personal. Clearly I have gotten to this point because others have faith in me, so I need to believe that faith. At the end of the day, we may have preferences for certain leadership styles, but they are skills that you can get better at, not inherent qualities.

I've learned that you can have more than one leadership style and it can always change.

I know that I have various leadership style and that i can always learn to adapt and learn.

Sign In to comment